Kinetick Downloading historical data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Downloading historical data problem

I started a download of EOD historical data for 2 years of a list of instruments with around 240 instruments in it.

I tried it a few times. It starts the download and then it stays in "Saving" (see picture attached).

When I try to load the list on Market Analyzer I get an error (See log in the picture attached).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gtempo; 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

A larger data request such as this will take some time to load. The software indicates that the process is underway so I would recommend giving the software some additional time.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand the point it may take some time. So in the last try I left the download overnight. I can't think of anything like this taking more than 8 hours on a system that has 16 cores and the disks are SSDs.

I decided to stop waiting and started Process Monitor on the NinjaTrader.exe process to see what disk activity was taking place if any. There was nothing going on. So, I decided to start the download again to see what was the last event.

It turned out the last event was the creation of the Day file for the instrument with symbol PRN.

Then I tried a download of the last week of PRN and I get the same problem. It starts and then it stays in "Saving".

Any other instrument will download and finish a week of data in 1 second.

So there is a problem with this symbol. I am not sure whether this is a problem with the data, the system, or the software.

Could you help me in the next step to figure out whether this problem is local, please?

Cheers,

-gt

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Please try creating a new chart using the symbol. Does an error appear? If so, what does the error report?

Comment

I have a bit more info now:

I removed PRN from the list and 2 years downloaded and finished in under 4 minutes.

I tried Kinetick, Google, and Yahoo as the sources. None work. Here are the trace messages:

Kinetick:
          2013-06-04 09:52:14:888 (Kinetick – End Of Day (Free)) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='PRN' from='2013-05-28' to='2013-06-04' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''

Google:
          2013-06-04 09:49:41:133 (Google) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='PRN' from='2013-05-28' to='2013-06-04' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''
          2013-06-04 09:49:41:383 ERROR: Google.Adapter.WorkerThread: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Yahoo:
          2013-06-04 09:53:18:974 (Yahoo) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='PRN' from='2013-05-28' to='2013-06-04' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''
          2013-06-04 09:53:19:921 ERROR: Yahoo.Adapter.WorkerThread: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

So, I'm suggesting it cannot be the data.

I opened a chart with no template with PRN as the data set. I get the following error:
          Error on loading chart data for 'PRN Default': Error on loading chart data for 'PRN Default': Could not find a part of the path 'C:\'

This is the same error reported by Market Analyzer before.

Then NT crashed.

Cheers,

-gt
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gtempo; 06-03-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20130603.txt' file.

Comment

You should have it in your inbox. I am in Australia and it is already the 4th of June here. So the trace file has that date "trace.20130604.txt".

-gt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes