Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt 64 bits can’t connect to IB

Hello

I’m currently using Windows 8 64 bits. I have installed java 32 and 64 bits version. TWS runs on java 64 bits. Ninjatrader is 64 bits and can’t connect it to TWS. When I click on connect NT opens a new TWS log screen, once logged it start but fails to connect. This happens with nt 64 and 32 bits also.

TWS version is 927.7
    NT version 7.0.1000.13

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello Ferdinand,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums.

So, I can better assist you can you answer the questions below.

Do you receive any errors when trying to connect?

Does your Traders Workstation settings match the ones in the second screen shot of our Interactive Brokers connection guide? http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Are you using Mosaic Mode and if so do you have the Advanced Order Management (TWS) window open?

Does the icon at the top left of your Traders Workstation match the one in the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide? (blue box with IB inside)
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cal, thanks for the answer

I do not receive any error, Nt opens a log screen, it logs, try to connect, then it opens a new log screen on TWS. After a time a message appears that says login failed: time out on waiting for TWS. That’s all.

My setting didn’t match those of the guideline, “enable activeX and socket clients” was unchecked. But after checked and try several things I got the same problem.
      The Icon match it’s a blue box with white IB inside.
      I’m using Mosaic Mode, I’m new at it, and just recently I manage to get it to work on x64 mode.

wait...

I just open the advanced order management and everything started working normally. It connects perfectly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Hi Ferinand,

Glad to hear everything is working.

You will need to have the Advanced Order Management window open in order to connect with NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
          Hi Ferinand,

Glad to hear everything is working.

You will need to have the Advanced Order Management window open in order to connect with NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance
          That's the only feature in the dropdown menu of the mosaic that is disabled

Comment

Hello,

Please restart, reconnect and check for the option again as it should be available according to our Connection Guide and my testing here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

Please restart, reconnect and check for the option again as it should be available according to our Connection Guide and my testing here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
              Hi Kyle, this does not happen yet in your guide you mention"when using the mosaic interface" so it seems it shoudl be possible also NOT to use a mosaic interface, am I wrong? If so what to do without the mosaic?
              Thanks
              Smodato

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not totally follow. Could you please elaborate on the last post?
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not totally follow. Could you please elaborate on the last post?
                  Is "mosaic interface" a must to connect or is there another way? "When using..." looks like sort of an "IF Then " case

Comment

Originally posted by smodato View Post
                    Is "mosaic interface" a must to connect or is there another way? "When using..." looks like sort of an "IF Then " case
                    OK I understood chatting with an IB representative, mosaic is the new feature and AOM is the "old layout" I'm actually using, so now I can say Ninja does not connect to TWS , it seems this depends having open orders on TWS, but how can I cancel all the orders now...?

Comment

Hi Smodato,

Do you receive an error when trying to connect to IB from NinjaTrader?

Can you please send me a screen shot of your setup for TWS?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file. From the forum click Reply and then Go Advanced. Click the Paperclip from the top toolbar and add the image as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
                        Hi Smodato,

Do you receive an error when trying to connect to IB from NinjaTrader?

Can you please send me a screen shot of your setup for TWS?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file. From the forum click Reply and then Go Advanced. Click the Paperclip from the top toolbar and add the image as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
                        Sorry I missed this reply,
                        the issue has been managed by Jason as I opened another thread specific for my case as it was related to the 32 but version and I thought it could be misleading to continue here, sorry for the mixup.
                        Smodato

Comment

hi guys, got the same problem , I did everything like in the description, the NT opens the TWS but can' t connect. a few seconds later it opens again the TWS then comes the fail window.
                          here are some screenshots -> I hope we can fix my problem

Comment

Hi Xerion,

1) What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Example: 7.0.1000.14)

* You can check under Help -> About

2) What version of Traders Workstation are you using?

* To verify what version of Traders Workstation you currently have log into Traders Workstation
                            * Under Help go to About Traders Workstation...
                            * Scroll down and look for Build

4) Are you using Mosaic Mode and if so do you have the Advanced Order Management (TWS) window open?

5) Does the icon at the top left of your Traders Workstation match the one in the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide? (blue box with IB inside)

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

I look forward to assisting you further

Comment

hi, yes it's 7.0.1000.14
                              tws is 938.1
                              advanced order managment is open

but no blue Symbol, -> LYNX Broker, but account is running on IB

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans