data in IB vs Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data in IB vs Ninja

Haven't seen this before but it's scaring me. IB is my data source and I would think the IB charts should match the Ninja charts. However this morning I have a stop for an ES short at 1612.50. This was hit on the TWS at 9:46:53 EST and I was stopped out. Ninja showed the same stop in place on the order page however the stop was not hit till 10:00:11. The 5min bar ending at 9:50 on the Ninja chart shows a high of 1612.25 wheras the TWS chart shows a 1612.50 high on that bar. Why is there a difference? I am trading in simulation mode with Ninja and watching the strategy signals on my charts.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When connected to IB there is a X millisecond update therefore you may see different data real time due to the update interval within NinjaTrader however this updated interval is not seen within TWS charts.

The IB charts use a special function that also includes the high and low data and NinjaTrader relies on the pure live data stream.

I have submitted your request the NT do this into development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform and has been assigned ID #1822 for tracking.

The only workaround is to connect to a data provider updates real time. If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When connected to IB there is a X millisecond update therefore you may see different data real time due to the update interval within NinjaTrader however this updated interval is not seen within TWS charts.

The IB charts use a special function that also includes the high and low data and NinjaTrader relies on the pure live data stream.

I have submitted your request the NT do this into development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform and has been assigned ID #1822 for tracking.

The only workaround is to connect to a data provider updates real time. If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

if Kinect is the company you recommend for NT7 data feed, then who should I use to execute the orders I would like to place? I am concerned about the lag time between the data feed and the order execution. I assume that if I use a data feed from Kinect to execute my orders on TDA, for example, I will have higher than expected slippage due to a difference in data feeds? is this assumption correct?

Also, if I use zen fire to execute my orders, would they provide me with their own data feed I could use instead of kineticks? or do I have to use them both together?

What I am trying to do is get a futures data feed I can execute trades with because I do not want to trade futures with my current account at TDA or TOS, especially since their instruments aren't supported... let me know please and thanks!!!
      Last edited by TakeYourProfits; 06-07-2013, 11:56 PM. Reason: want to add to my question

Comment

Originally posted by TakeYourProfits View Post
        if Kinect is the company you recommend for NT7 data feed, then who should I use to execute the orders I would like to place? I am concerned about the lag time between the data feed and the order execution. I assume that if I use a data feed from Kinect to execute my orders on TDA, for example, I will have higher than expected slippage due to a difference in data feeds? is this assumption correct?

Also, if I use zen fire to execute my orders, would they provide me with their own data feed I could use instead of kineticks? or do I have to use them both together?

What I am trying to do is get a futures data feed I can execute trades with because I do not want to trade futures with my current account at TDA or TOS, especially since their instruments aren't supported... let me know please and thanks!!!
        I use Zenfire with http://www.dormantrading.com/OnlineTrading/Ninja.aspx

Zenfire only supplies futures, no index related stuff. I trade futures there. So yes, a 'futures feed' is supplied.

Kinetick supplies futures feed and all sorts of index type stuff... pretty much has everything
        But you can't trade on it.

I use my TDA connection in NT for index related stuff.

I trade with TDA on my phone when I need to with their old iStockMgr app, which is the one with the black background in the app (on android). Their white background app is over bloated.

I'm not sure about your data feed issues, but which ever feed is slowest - would have the greatest 'slippage'. Using feed A and trading on feed B doesn't mean feed A is faster or slower than B, and then sending and the routing of your order on feed A or B is an entirely another variable to add to complication.

I believe all zenfire brokers now run about $25 a month if you don't make minimum # of futures trades (10 contracts?) per month.

Well, I hope this helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for your post.

www.kinetick.com

you didn't answer my question at all. im trying to setup my ninja trader platform with the most efficient technologies while giving myself access to as many markets as possible. I want to know a few things:

1. if I use the kinectick data while using ANY other broker to execute order, is it correct to assume that the data from kinectick will differ from the data at my broker and therefore cause me to lose out due to excessive slippage because of a difference in the two feeds?

2. if I choose to use kinectick, does zenfire use the same data, which would therefore eliminate any excessive slippage that may be cause by different data feeds caused by the above mentioned hypo...? and would zen fire give me access to futures markets, forex markets, and equities markets?

3. if zen fire doesn't what brokers also use the kinectick data? if ninja was designed for kinectick I want to use it, but I also want to use a broker that ninja was designed to work most efficiently with also.

Please, get back to me as soon as you can.

thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately I was not in the office when your reply was posted.

1. Data will not lag since real time data is sent from the Exchange therefore will be the same.

2. Zen-Fire and Kinetick will provide the same real time quotes for Futures. Zen-Fire only provides data for Futures and to receive data for Equities and Forex you would need to connect to a provider that supports this asset.

3. Kinetick is a data provider however is only provided directly from Kinetick and is not offered as a technology with other brokers.

You can use Kinetick along with any of our supported brokers within NinjaTrader.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...
            1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
            2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gravdigaz6  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses