Ninja on OS X with PalyOnMac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja on OS X with PalyOnMac

Hi, I am new here, I do run Mt4 on OS X with PlayOnMac nicely, and tried to install now Ninja on a new virtual drive, did not work out. Anyone who tried it and found a solution? Any advise welcomed.

Hello WebFox,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

While I am not familiar with "PlayOnMac", users that use other programs like Parallels or VMWare Fusions to run NinjaTrader on a Mac have to configure the software before they can use it.

The trouble with default settings of these programs is that the (My) Documents is going to be mapped as a Network Drive which the Microsoft SQL does not support which NinjaTrader uses. So then once the settings are changed to make it not a Network (or Shared) Drive then it works properly.

Do you see a Trace file created inside of the (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> Trace folder?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Only empty folders

After installation (and re-installation with repair) I find only empty Ninja folders in my virtual drive. I install now all again securing that I have XP SP# with Dotnet 4 vb6 and vc6 and then I will try to reinstall Ninja. No clue why Ninja installs only empty folders. I run a lot of Win programs with PlayOnMac successfully on my PowerBook and its a bit astonishing that Ninja creates only empty folders. Will have all re-installed by tomorrow as it gets here now late.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
      95 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive