Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating nifty futures contract with esignal feed

hi
    I am using esignal datafeed for indian markets.When i use nifty futures instrument created by default,and give the symbol code for nifty futures in it,I am not able to get any data.
    But if i create a new instrument under stock and give the same nifty futures symbol code ,it displays the data.
    So i want to create futures instrument which can take esignal feed.How do i do it?

Regards
    Akshay

Hello Akshay,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

The "NIFTY" Futures Instrument is already defined inside of NinjaTrader. Do you get an error message when you try to bring up a "NIFTY 06-13" chart?

Also, are you able to view the "NIFTY" future instrument inside of the eSignal Program itself?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi
      I don't get an error,but nothing is displayed.The symbol for june nifty contract in esignal is
      NIFTY M3-NSF.But if i make a new instrument of nifty as a stock and give the same code ,then it displays the data .
      But i wanted to create a continuous contract that's why i was using the already defined nifty futures instrument.

Comment

Hello Akshay,

Please delete the manually created stock first in the Instrument Manager.

To support a futures instrument XXX Z2-YYY, whereas XXX is the eSignal instrument name and YYY is the eSignal exchange name, you need to configure the following in the Instrument Manager:

- 'Default' exchange should be assigned in the Definition-tab. Disable the Nse exchange
        - Set mapping to XXX|YYY. This would be translated to XXX Z2-YYY for the Dec 12 expiry. You can set the mapping under the Misc-tab next to eSignal. So you would enter NIFTY|NSF

Restart NinjaTrader once you made the change and check if you receive data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

I am also trying to get the NIfty futures contract for August using ESignal. When I enter NIFTY|NSF and press the OK button, a message is displayed that only underscore is supported and no other special chars. Can you tell me what to do ?

Regards,
          Chinmaya

Comment

Hello chinmaya122,
            Thanks for your post.
            Please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we can look into custom mapping this with your account.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes