Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Compile any Scripts

Hello:
    -Don't know exactly what Forum to choose for a post about this unsettling problem.

I worked on two scripts in Ninja yesterday called Next and Next1 (in italics for this example), and hibernated my computer overnight as usual. Today, although I see both programs at Tools => Edit Ninjascript => Strategy..., only Next (but NOT Next1) shows up in the strategy list at R Click Chart => Strategies.... There are numerous other programs in this strategy list besides Next and all can be executed on the chart. But Next1 is not there.

When I open Next1 for editing at Tools => Edit Ninjascript => Strategy... => Next1 and try to compile it I get compiler error :
    Strategy\Next1.cs The namespace 'NinjaTrader.Strategy' already contains a definition for 'Next1' CS0101 - click for info 22 18
    This is also happening when I open and try to compile any other program in the directory (which all have different names), i.e. the exact same error appears.
    Strategy\Next1.cs The namespace 'NinjaTrader.Strategy' already contains a definition for 'Next1' CS0101 - click for info 22 18
    Early on today when Ninja said it couldn't find Next1 I copied the code and saved it under another name but this didn't seem to change anything. Eventually I restarted computer, Ninja and broker platform but also to no avail.

-Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Hello tradenj,

Thank you for your post.

From the compile error it would seem that Next1 is defined in Next. If you open Next under Edit NinjaScript do you find any listings of Next1? If so, replace this to Next and recompile.

If you prefer we can schedule a support call to look into this matter. If you would like please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 860041' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail along with your telephone number and a time window that I may reach you.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I've looked for definitions of Next1 in Next but can't find anything. Given that the system won't let me compile or delete any scripts I feel stymied over what to do, so maybe a support call will be necessary. I might ask the following question first though.

A definition to Next1 in Next would I think only appear at line
      Code:
      public class Next1 : Strategy
      Thismorning when attempting to fix the problem I made a few copies of Next1 saving them under different names. Its possbile that I then changed the public class line in one of these to read some alternate name and saved it, i.e.without doing a "Save As' instead. Additionally, as I've now closed and reopened these files I've lost record (ala 'Undo') of what changes were made.

Maybe I'm looking at saving all my scripts to text files, purging my Ninja directories and reloading the programs back in?

Thanks for further support on this topic.
      Last edited by tradenj; 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hello tradenj,

Thank you for your response.

It is hard to say what can resolve this without being familiar with exactly what is occurring here.

If you would like please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 860041' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail along with your telephone number and a time window that I may reach you.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes