Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja and TWS

Originally posted by smodato View Post
    OK I understood chatting with an IB representative, mosaic is the new feature and AOM is the "old layout" I'm actually using, so now I can say Ninja does not connect to TWS , it seems this depends having open orders on TWS, but how can I cancel all the orders now...?
    Gettin back to my last question I prefer to open this new post as my problem is not related to the 64 bit version but to the 32 bit.
    The problem occurs from time to time and the recommendations in the connection guide seem not to solve it completely.
    I use the Advanced Order Management (old Layout, no Mosaic) in TWS, I use version 927.7, I have Java 7.17 (as read in another post), yet when there are orders placed on TWS I get in trouble connecting, sometimes it works changing a setting in the Ninja connection, for example changing Client ID from 0 to 2 , shutting down Ninja (this is the only way I found to stop the connection attempt) and restarting it works. But not always, today for example there is no way to get it connected (I started yesterday in the afternoon with endless attempts), so what can be done?
    This is a very annoying issue, my strategies are supposed to be working right now while everything is freezed this way.
    smodato

Hello smodato,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Ninja and TWS' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got same problem as smodato got: fail to connect to TWS -- was ok but fail yestoday and don't know what to do before I check here.
      I try as smodato said: cancel the orders in TWS then try to connect again, it works.

Hope someone fix the problem and post here )

but at least I know how to reconnect and place order from Ninja now -- not easy and nature but at least a way ) -- thanks

Comment

Hello flyfox,

Can you please send me your log and trace files as well. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Ninja and TWS' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

In addition, please include what NinjaTrader and TWS versions you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About (TradersWorkStation).
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes