Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Stock Market

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if I can access stocks on the Australian Stock Exchange using Yahoo EOD data. If you can what code do you use. Thanks.

Hello pds1922,

Please see the forum thread at the link below for an example (post #2).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by pds1922 View Post
      Hi,
      Can anyone tell me if I can access stocks on the Australian Stock Exchange using Yahoo EOD data. If you can what code do you use. Thanks.
      Hi pds1922

You can definitely access ASX stocks via Yahoo with NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader does not come with ASX stock codes loaded so these would need to be configured and the mapping format you use to access Yahoo is <ASXstockcode>.AX
      For example if you wanted to access CBA you would need to configure or load the code with the 'symbol map' of CBA.AX in order to retrieve via Yahoo free data.

Global Trading Tools is a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and we have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact question, plus many more, raised in your topic for those wanting to view Australian shares in NinjaTrader (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads/NinjaTrader_GlobalTradingTools_PressRelease_August _29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including ASX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Australian Securities Exchange (‘Easy Load’ ASX) installer, all stock codes are automatically imported, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with Interactive Brokers, eSignal, barchart and Yahoo free data (normally we include Kinetick free/real time data & DTN IQFeed too however at the time of writing this they do not have ASX data). If your current data provider is not listed above please send me a message and we can look to include it.

I realise this topic is a couple of months old now, however just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after a completely automated solution to loading ASX shares and configuring NinjaTrader for use in Australia. http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/
      Thanks for your time.
      Last edited by GlobalTradingTools_Stuart; 10-11-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite