holiday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holiday data

hi, say, i'm trading a HK market, and we had a holiday on Wed....I notice that NT will just treat the Wed trading hours as bars without data and I think my technical indicators readings got messed up on Thursday Open (ideal case should be including Tue and Thur for data series calculation)

Am I correct ?? how to avoid this ??

Thanks

Originally posted by lawrence124 View Post
    hi, say, i'm trading a HK market, and we had a holiday on Wed....I notice that NT will just treat the Wed trading hours as bars without data and I think my technical indicators readings got messed up on Thursday Open (ideal case should be including Tue and Thur for data series calculation)

Am I correct ?? how to avoid this ??

Thanks
    Sounds like there was some electronic trading on your HK instruments?

Happens on US holidays when CME is open half day.

I don't know of any way to avoid it.

Comment

Hello lawrence124,

You could create a custom session template that will exclude Wednesday, however all weeks will load without Wednesday's data. If you only request a few days of historical data, the custom session template can be used as a workaround. Once the Wednesday in question is not loaded anymore by the chart, you can select the default session template again.

The session template determines during what hours data will be loaded in the chart. If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses.

You can view the times of each session template in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). It will allow you to create new ones as well. More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jclose
      by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      10 responses