Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick - IB chart

Hi,

To be able to check continues contracts which are not supported by Interactive Brokers, I have to get connected to Kinetick first then to IB.

The problem I'm facing now is that the interactive price bar doesn't display today's price history but rather the price starting from now on, i.e. what was the price from the start of the day until the moment I connected to IB is not available.

Hello,

Can you please clarify which interval you are trying to load? Are these tick based charts?

Are you using the Kinetick End of Day connection or do you have an account with Kinetick at this time?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,
      Thanks for your quick response.

I'm using Kinetick EOD connection, IB Live account, Chart based on day interval ( not tick based)

Example: Today is 13/06/2013, so all data up to date are just fine, but for example if gold price now is 1480$ and opened at 1470$, the chart will start the bar for today as if the opening price is 1480. hope it's clear enough
      Last edited by bassam; 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Hello bassam,

Thanks for the additional information.

I have tested and verified that this is a limitation with using the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection as the primary connection and then using any second provider.
        All daily bars will receive historical bar information from Kinetick EOD which only includes the previous day. Real time data will then update the current day bar as it comes in however it is unable to backfill historical data for the day from the secondary connection.
        This limitation will be seen with all daily charts when using this connection set up.
        Unfortunately you would need to disconnect from the Kinetick EOD connection to receive current bar information for daily charts.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's ok, but then IB gives an error as they don't support continues contracts hence I have to close all charts with continues contracts and probably charts all together to get the updates, it's so inconvenient, any suggestion?
          Last edited by bassam; 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hello bassam,

Thanks for your reply.

After disconnecting from Kinetick End Of Day (free) you should not receive an error and your current contract charts should continue to update without issue. I have tested and verified this. If you try to reload the data on your continuous chart however you will receive an error.

Comment

Yes you are right , but it turns out that even disconnecting from Kinetick makes no sense at all as the historical data for the day wont be available anyway, ultimately you have to reopen all the charts to get today's correct OHCL
              Last edited by bassam; 06-14-2013, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hello bassam,

Thanks for your reply,

Please try to just right click on your daily chart that has the current expiry selected and press Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Dear Brandon,

IB doesn't provide historical data for more than 2 years, and that's exactly the reason why I connect to Kinetick EOD and then IB to get the historical data from Kinetick for 5 years for example and live data from IB.

Hence, reloading the historical data will give you an error as IB doesn't allow more than 2 years.

The simple solution when the user connects to IB after being connected to Kinetick EOD is that NT updates today's chart from IB correctly, otherwise please let me know if there's a way to use the historical EOD free data from Kinetick combined with live data from IB?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post mattbsea  
                  Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post RideMe