• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_RyanL
    replied
    Hello XxBRIANxX,

Thank you for your forum post.

You would only want to perform this step if for any reason your charts are not loading as expected and reloading the historical data from the chart or the historical data manager does not help to resolve the situation.

You should not have to perform weekly database management. You will only want to reset or repair a database if you experience an issue or some corruption.

Leave a comment:

• XxBRIANxX
    replied
    Database maintenance

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
    Hello stevevogel,

This situation can occur due to multiple different reasons and there is not a single solution that will resolve all situations. We would need to review your trace and log files directly to see if any errors are occurring as well as investigating your workspace setups.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Documents
    • NinjaTrader 7
    • Open the db folder
    • Delete the Tick, Minute, Day and Cache folders
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Connect
    This resolved the same issue I had as well, is this something I should do in a routine to avoid this issue in the future? Are there any other recommended database maintenance routines I should complete each week to keep things running smoothly?
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• stevevogel
    replied
    I deleted all of the directories listed and it took care of my problem. Everything continues to load quickly. I'm pleased!

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• wintermelon
    replied
    Hi Steve,

The advice given previously was:

Can you please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the "cache" folder. Start NinjaTrader and check if charts load data as expected.

Once you deleted the db-->cache folder, a new folder will be created. This folder is used to quickly load data in charts - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. So the first time data will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it should load data quickly again.
    I used to keep my computer on running for many days - weeks. I did the instructions above, and now I'm shutting down and starting up each day, seems to be ok now.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanL
    replied
    Hello stevevogel,

This situation can occur due to multiple different reasons and there is not a single solution that will resolve all situations. We would need to review your trace and log files directly to see if any errors are occurring as well as investigating your workspace setups.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Documents
    • NinjaTrader 7
    • Open the db folder
    • Delete the Tick, Minute, Day and Cache folders
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Connect

Leave a comment:

• stevevogel
    replied
    Has there been any resolution to this post? I have had the same issue for quite some time, that keeps getting worse. It takes 1/2 hour to open my charts where it use to take a min or two. I don't even dare do a refresh as it takes another half hour.

Can I just delete all history, if I am not interested in it? and if so, how might I go about that?

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20130613.txt' file.

Leave a comment:

• wintermelon
    started a topic Very slow in loading or refreshing charts

Very slow in loading or refreshing charts

Hello,

This issue recently came about, symptoms:
    (1) When I press F5 to reload a chart, it takes a long long time. For a 1-minute chart over 3 days, it takes a number of minutes when it used to take 1-2 seconds. The status bar at the Control Center wrote that it is loading data for 1 day.
    (2) When I connect to IB, and all the charts in the Workspace blank out and start to "Loading data...", it doesn't seem to complete, I have already waited for 20 mins. The status bar wrote "Saving".
    (3) It seems that if I shut down IB and Ninjatrader, reload both, the situation is better for the initial load, but after some time using them, situation (2) above occurs again.

Is it issue that it is stuck in "Saving" because it is trying to save the historical chart data but the database file is too huge?

How should I resolve the issues above?

Thanks.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
4 responses
0 likes