Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument list

Hi,

i would like to create a list of stocks and run it in a MtkAnalyzer scanner, but my list is pretty big, and i noticed that large number of stocks are not listed in the NT database i get with the programme. So, i have to create a new entry for every stock that is missing. Is there any faster way to get this done and maybe just upload the list of stocks in some txt or csv file?

I also noticed that predefined lists are not updated (SP500, NASDAQ 100, DOW), is there a way to do that automatically and not have to monitor for changes manually?

Thanks
    Igor

Hello,

Great question.

You can create a list of symbols you wish to import or group into NinjaTrader in a seperate text file. Once you have compiled this list, you can import into NinjaTrader by going to File--> Utilities--> Import Stock Symbols.

This will give you the option to create your own custom list like the SP500 we have pre-defined.

lease see our Help Guide article on Importing a List of Stocks for more information:

We do not have a way to automatically update the stock symbol databases in NT7, however we're exploring ways of better controlling this lists in the next major release of NinjaTrader. While it's too early to say exactly how it will be different, we do understand some of the short comings of the current implementation and we're aiming to have this improved.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ok, great news.

I just wonder, in my list the stocks are not all traded on one exchange and it seems i have to pick an exchange when loading the list. Is this going to present a problem in recognizing the exhchange for stocks from the list that are not traded on this exchange?

Comment

Yes, it's recommend to import per exchange.

If you want them all in the same list, you can separate the list by exchange and then simply select that custom list again when you import each time. This will amend the list to add the stocks you wish and use the exchange settings you selected on that import routine.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses