Basic ATM STrategy Stop Loss Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic ATM STrategy Stop Loss Adjustment

When I trade 2 contract on the futures market and my 1st contract hits its profit target I like to move my Stop Loss on the 2nd contract to Break Even.

Is there a way to do this automatically. I saw an option to set a BE stop based on a profit trigger. And that might be O.K. But I might one to adjust that after the trade is taken. Is there away to do that or a way to add that feature after the trade is taken.

For example if I set a BE stop after a 20 tick profit. And that trade is active. And I want to switch to a 15 tick profit. How does one adjust it afterwards. Or lets say I did not originally set that parameter. Can I add it after the trade is active?

Good Morning Rwbil,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, you can move your second targets stop loss to break even using the Custom ATM feature, Auto breakeven tool. For instance if your first targets profit trigger was 20 you would set the second targets Auto breakeven's Profit target to 20 an the plus to 0.

Here is a HelpGuide article that may prove helpful in further understanding the Auto Breakeven tool

You can also manually move your stop loss and targets
    In the SuperDOM by:
    • Left mouse clicking and releasing in the center column
    • When the hand appears click on your desired position

And in Chart Trader by:
    • Left clicking on the order line (A ghost order line will appear and display the number of ticks you are away from the inside market)
    • Left click on your desired position

Here is a HelpGuide article that is helpful regarding order modification in the SuperDOM SuperDOM & in Chart Trader

Once a ATM strategy is in motion its parameters can't be dynamically adjusted but you can manually change your positions as I mentioned above.

Let me know if this was helpful or if I may be of any further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTraderEcosystem_Danielle; 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM.
    DanielleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes