Backup doesn't restore ninjascripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup doesn't restore ninjascripts

Hi I got an error when trying to restore my ninjascript files that said that the ninjascript would not load and cause corruption. I reformatted my computer yesterday so I dont have the original source for the files anymore. How do I get the ninjascript files out of the backup?

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your forum post.

Unfortunately there is no workaround to restore your NinjaScript files from this backup.

If the backup file contains corrupted NinjaScript files, they cannot be restored.

If these NinjaScript files are 3rd party add-ons, please contact the 3rd party vendor for new installation files. If you had custom indicators/strategies downloaded from our forum, you can download and import them again. Unfortunately any custom created indicators/strategies will be lost.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay thanks for freaking me out.

If you actually look in the .ntbk file with a text editor, all the custom code is still in there (not in byte format) so you can actually just copy paste your custom indicators / strategies from the.ntbk file. Just make new strategies and the find the relevant code (it was near the end of the.ntbk file for me) and it should work. You can search by the file names since they are stored in the .ntbk file.

For example, I was looking for a custom indicator named 'test.cs' so i just pressed ctrl-f searched for that term and found the relevant code. Pasted into a new indicator and it still works! Phew

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for the follow up.

I am glad to hear you were able to workaround the backup file and obtain the required code.

I will keep this solution handy for any future instances of corrupt backup files.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post truepenny  
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes