• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is new version 14 folder the same name and location as version 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is new version 14 folder the same name and location as version 13?

I just downloaded and installed version 14. version 13 was installed in folder 'my documents'. is version 14 now that same folder [ie] was the folder replaced. i want to be sure i will now be backing up the right folder.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When upgrading to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 the information within Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 such as Workspaces, Templates, etc. will not be altered during this process.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't completely understand. what folder do I copy/paste when backing up the NT folder?

Comment

If you would like to create a Backup of NinjaTrader this can be done under File-->Utilities-->Backup.

Once your Backup file has been created it can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

More information about creating a Backup and how to Restore can be found at the link I have provided below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Keep in mind during the upgrade process you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding File-->Utilities-->Backup. I have been backing up via NT folder copy/paste. I will definitely use that method henceforth.

in the meantime can you send me my license key. I have gotten myself into a situation where I cannot start NT without the key. it's a long story and anyhow i'm not sure where I messed up the files. hopefully it will start cleanly when I supply the key. other wise I have a mess. call me the "sourcerer's apprentice". I know just enough to be dangerous.

Comment

disregard the previous reply [#5}........ all files, systems, backups, etc are back in order and good to go.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by faisamtrader, Yesterday, 10:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post faisamtrader  
            Started by johnnybegoode, Yesterday, 08:11 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post johnnybegoode