Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is new version 14 folder the same name and location as version 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is new version 14 folder the same name and location as version 13?

I just downloaded and installed version 14. version 13 was installed in folder 'my documents'. is version 14 now that same folder [ie] was the folder replaced. i want to be sure i will now be backing up the right folder.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When upgrading to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 the information within Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 such as Workspaces, Templates, etc. will not be altered during this process.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't completely understand. what folder do I copy/paste when backing up the NT folder?

Comment

If you would like to create a Backup of NinjaTrader this can be done under File-->Utilities-->Backup.

Once your Backup file has been created it can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

More information about creating a Backup and how to Restore can be found at the link I have provided below:

Keep in mind during the upgrade process you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding File-->Utilities-->Backup. I have been backing up via NT folder copy/paste. I will definitely use that method henceforth.

in the meantime can you send me my license key. I have gotten myself into a situation where I cannot start NT without the key. it's a long story and anyhow i'm not sure where I messed up the files. hopefully it will start cleanly when I supply the key. other wise I have a mess. call me the "sourcerer's apprentice". I know just enough to be dangerous.

Comment

disregard the previous reply [#5}........ all files, systems, backups, etc are back in order and good to go.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920