Not running anymore after latest update on Win8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not running anymore after latest update on Win8

My installation used to run properly few days back. However, after a recent windows auto update, it has stopped working. The moment I click NT shortcut it closes immediately with an error message.

In windows event viewer I can see the following error:

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 7.0.1000.13, time stamp: 0x5177ec10
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16578, time stamp: 0x515fac9c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00001248
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13
    Faulting package full name: %14
    Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

Please help.

ntdll.dll is a windows dll

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe...a/ntdlldll.htm

Originally posted by cvanm View Post
    My installation used to run properly few days back. However, after a recent windows auto update, it has stopped working. The moment I click NT shortcut it closes immediately with an error message.

In windows event viewer I can see the following error:

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 7.0.1000.13, time stamp: 0x5177ec10
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16578, time stamp: 0x515fac9c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00001248
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13
    Faulting package full name: %14
    Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

Please help.

Comment

Had the exact same issue on my W8 laptop.
      NT wouldn't launch any more (worked OK before), no log, no trace, nothing except the event log you showed.

I tried to reinstall NT multiple times but it didn't do anything.

I was getting ready to reinstall W8, but in last resort tried using compatibility mode, and it appears it works OK if you use W7 compatibility mode.

Comment

Hello,

Based on your description I suspect that an optional update not compatible with NinjaTrader has been installed. Please uninstall update KB2836988 from the Windows Control Panel then try to restart NinjaTrader.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick.

Unfortunately KB2836988 is flagged important by MS , so it's automatically installed by Windows Update.

Comment

Do not remove this Windows Update!

Ok, I have the same problem launching NJ and I do have KB2836988 installed.

However,

This is NOT an optional update, it is needed in Windows because according to Microsoft:

Resolves an issue that could cause a reduction in system performance when network activity occurs.

Resolves an issue that could cause data loss when you copy a large file.

and several other fixes...

So, please fix NJ to work with this update so people do not have to remove it and be exposed to the issues it is intended to fix.

Thank you,
            TN

Comment

Originally posted by TraderNick View Post
              Ok, I have the same problem launching NJ and I do have KB2836988 installed.

However,

This is NOT an optional update, it is needed in Windows because according to Microsoft:

Resolves an issue that could cause a reduction in system performance when network activity occurs.

Resolves an issue that could cause data loss when you copy a large file.

and several other fixes...

So, please fix NJ to work with this update so people do not have to remove it and be exposed to the issues it is intended to fix.

Thank you,
              TN

seriously NT - this can't be the only windows8 related gripe in a few months....

or is everyone stuck on nt7 or vista or XP?

what's the distribution??

NT - POST A CHART ...

I can accept no "official" #s.. just post a chart without official #s ....saying % of users on win8/7/vista/xp...
              and by 32/64 bit after that

I'm stuck on vista laptop from 2008 and xp desktop from 2006... these type of posts don't encourage me to upgrade anything... especially about some win7 don't install sp1 crap

maybe nt8 might work with win8 fully...

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                seriously NT - this can't be the only windows8 related gripe in a few months....
                beyond real - WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MESSAGE BOARD other than "NinjaTrader Users: Please note we are currently experiencing some issues with our forums that we are diligently working to resolve."

After 2+ weeks this is pathetic.

Reset/Upgrade or do something to fix it..

That's right I've said it. Get it back to working ... these last few weeks here are practically worthless...

Comment

There are no conflicts with this update and any core NinjaTrader dlls, but we know of this update causing issues with some 3rd party assemblies.

If you like to work with us to isolate and resolve the issue so the Windows update will work, please send us your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this forum thread.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes