charts wont upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charts wont upload

Just downloaded the demo from Mirus using zenfire. I connect with "external data feed" and lower box goes green. But when I attempt to get a new chart eg CL 08-13 or ES 09-13 chart is completely blank. This is on my laptop. Did the same thing on my PC (not at the same time). and I can get charts altho it doesnt seem to remember the default settings I am trying to use as a template. Can you help me get this working on my laptop since this is where I would do all my trading.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

The External Data Feed connection can be used to connect to external platforms like TradeStation however a different type of setup is used for a Zen-Fire based connection.
    The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to your Zen-Fire based brokerage.
    Click here to take me to the Zen-Fire Connection Guide
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have charts now but I am having trouble keeping the indicators on this instrument. I used the right click default to set the tick interval and session and then put in a few indicators and saved the template but when I click file-new-chart I get the right instrument and time interval but the indicators are gone.How can save the chart with the indicators I want?

Comment

Hello,

The steps you're taking are appropriate based on your description. Could you walk me through a scenario where I could recreate the behavior here? What steps would be required?

Comment

Charts not showing up correcting in the day versus the M60

I am puzzled what is going on with the platform. Friday afternoon, I get the same bar last day repeated in the next day time even though. I thought the ninjatrader was corrupted. I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled. Last night I was doing simple charts, just loading the charts in 60M and then change the time frame to the day, now the day bar is missing.

Please seee attached. It is the same across stocks, futures,

Comment

Hello,

As this case is unrelated to the one which this thread covers, please contact us by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message, please expand on your description and include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

i cannot get demo charts at all i have tried many but no luck- why would this be?

Comment

Hello panny123,

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the forums!

Are you currently connected to Zen-Fire in the bottom left hand corner of the NinjaTrader Control Center ? (Example "Connected - Zen-Fire" in green)

If you would like, we can take a closer look at the connection:

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi, no i am just connected to simmulator thats the green bit in the bottom left hand corner it is actually showing a couple of ticks how long will it take to load a days worth, i cannot connect to anything else my demo is with amp futures

Comment

Hello,

If you are connected to the Simulated Data feed, unfortunately this data feed does not provide historical data and chart bars will be built in real-time:

If you connect to your demo account provided by Zen-Fire you can receive live data within NinjaTrader as well as historical data.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to your Zen-Fire based brokerage.
                    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

done what you said and it works great many many thanks to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                      Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post gentlebenthebear