• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

6.509 Workspaces are unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.509 Workspaces are unstable

My NinjaTrader Beta version 6.509 has been extremely unstable. I found 6.508 workspaces were much more stable and didnt just freeze up when trying to load up data etc.

I've since deleted all my workspaces and recreated them, but I still have problems loading them up.

Currently I have made my default workspace empty and made a seperate workspace for my charts.

What is the best order to open up NinjaTrader so I don't have any problems?
    Should I connect to my data provider first and then load up my workspace?

It doesnt freeze up all the time, so i just keep trying till it works, but this is getting quite annoying.

Are there any options I can change to help fix this? Maybe change the store realtime data options? or something?

Here are some hints to get them more stable:
    a) NEVER copy/rename/remove manually ANY file in <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/workspaces, unless advised by our support
    b) I suggest starting with a fresh setup by deleting all files in <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/workspaces
    c) after recreating your setup you may want to backup your workspaces by File->Utilities->Backup. This allows you to get back to a save state by resetting workspaces (see (b)) and restoring by File->Utilities->Restore
    d) We recently fixed a bunch of lock ups on startup/connect. These fixes will be available with next beat next week.
    DierkNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

d) We recently fixed a bunch of lock ups on startup/connect. These fixes will be available with next beat next week.
      This is great news, 6.5.09 has been problematic for me as well, deleting the charts/workspaces gets things going again, but that gets old. Looking forward to the next beta.

Regards,
      Guy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by vivekniwas, Today, 11:31 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Heath  
      Started by Austiner87, Yesterday, 04:59 PM
      1 response