Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT shutdown periodically for no reason, how to deal open positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT shutdown periodically for no reason, how to deal open positions?

This issue has been around for long time for different versions of NT. Basically NT automatically shutdown for unknown reason. Usually the program shut itself when I try to run one or two additional tasks such as charts, performance. One thing for sure is that this is not hardware issue, as I tried several different high performance PCs as well as cloud server, this issue continue happen. This also has nothing to do with my code, as I have tried various strategies/codes. I have sent my codes to NT customer service before but no result.

The only possible reason I can think of is that NT shut itself when I run multi-tasks at the same time?

One urgent question is: I have positions open when I restart NT, will my strategy pick up the open positions and continue Exiting as if no shutdown happened? Or should I manually close all the open positions before restarting these strategies?
    This is important as I also connected my NT strategy to Collective2 which directly gets signal from NT. If I do manual closing here, I have to do manual on C2.

Thanks!

Hello algoapi,

The settings at the link below are important when restarting your automated strategy in such a situation. They determine if your strategy will cancel any active orders and when new orders are submitted.

You should be able to perform multiple tasks in NinjaTrader. Are there any other consistencies you can think of when the issue occurred? I will need to find a reproducible scenario to further troubleshoot the issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems I have to manually close all positions before going live again. In the past three months when I ran live NT, this issue happened once every two weeks.
      Any consistent pattern? I think this happens when I try some additional tasks such as viewing Charts/performance reports, and system started to run slow, then a message window pops up warning me that NT needs to be closed.
      One thing I don't understand is that my PC is Core i7 quad core with 8G ram, typically runs any tasks fast, but on NT sometimes certain tasks run slow....

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files and tell me when you experienced the issue last. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, NT shutdown periodically for no reason, how to deal open positions?' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Let me know if you run NinjaTrader in 32 or 64 bit as well.

Comment

Just now when I restarted NT a message popped up about the new version of NT, so I went ahead and installed the new version of NT. As the result, all the previous log about "shut down" were gone.
          Maybe I can email you next time when this happens again. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds good, please send me the files if the issue occurs in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes