Ability to Copy and Paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to Copy and Paste

I run one strategy on multiple instruments and I am getting tired of re-typing variables over and over again when I periodically optimize the strategy for each instrument.

Is it possible that a simple copy and paste can be incorporated that will allow me to copy from stored backtests into the current backtest or into the strategy window I run from charts. This will also minimize errors when typing into the strategy window.

I hope I look stupid by asking this, which means it is already there.

Thanks,

NFT-Trader, thanks for the post. A copy and paste operation would currently not be available but I will log this on your behalf as enhancement request in our feedback tracking. What you can do currently is saving a default of values for your strategy script, by right clicking in the parameters section. So if you had a individual script for each instrument you're watching you could create a dedicated template here.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Copy and Paste

[QUOTE= So if you had a individual script for each instrument you're watching you could create a dedicated template here.[/QUOTE]

This is not a perfect fix since once I change the script I will have to make the same changes on all of the other scripts so that they remain identical.

It seems to me that the backtest/optimize/WF windows are essentially columns and rows, which should be easily copied and pasted from one window (the stored variables) to the next window (the actual optimization window). Copy and Paste is the most fundamental and often used utility in most programs but for some reason it is not even available in ninjatrader.

I truly hope this gets resolved.

Comment

Any progress on a solution like this? I really need something that will allow me to paste multiple parameters to a strategy without having to enter manually.

Comment

Hello jeff.s.robertson,

This suggestion has been entered into our development's feature request tracking system, however, I cannot comment on if or when this will be implimented.

In the meantime, saving defaults will be the quickest way to copy settings when using the same script.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
          1 response
          0 likes