Live Simulation Trouble Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Simulation Trouble Shooting

I have a system that backtests properly, but does not execute trades when run in a live simulation. When I enable the strategy it executes past orders on the chart, but not present ones.

I have followed the instructions in the HELP guide and have checked the control panel to make sure the strategy is enabled. Are there any other troubleshooting tips?

Some features of this strategy that could potentially raise an issue are:

1. It uses two data series at once, i.e. day bars and intraday bars
    2. It only trades at certain times of the day.

Your NinjaScript / C# Code will always be logically processed and evaluate according to your set logic – this can of course lead to unexpected results at times, thus we would suggest to simplify and debug your code to better understand the event sequence it would go through

If you would like me to take look at the source you can post a simplified version that replicates the issue
    Located in (MY)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lance,

Thanks for the help. I was able to run the strategy live. The difference was that I only ran that one strategy. I have successfully ran other strategies live, but am now having trouble running more than one.

I am opening different charts. I'm wondering if it is because I still only have a free user license and not a paid subscription.

Comment

The simulated trading between the free and live license is handled the same.

Unfortunately there isn't a way for me to look into this further without seeing the script. I would suggest starting simple and isolating the performance of a single strategy. From there you can move forward to correcting the issue. I am happy to assist with any specific questions along the way.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
        1 response
        0 likes