What is cqg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is cqg

I just received a Ninjatrader alert telling me to reinstall NT V14 if I am a CQG user.
    What is CQG?

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
    I just received a Ninjatrader alert telling me to reinstall NT V14 if I am a CQG user.
    What is CQG?
    Who is your data supplier and/or broker?

If you don't connect to CQG http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php then you don't need to worry

Comment

Cqg

CQG is Commodity Quote Graphics they are an older company that sold a graphics software with data feed back in the early 1980's and were considered to be pretty good but were very expensive. Back then most companies delivered data over satellite dish. that was long before the internet. Today we get much more for much less money. The old days were very expensive to trade. Today trading is much lower cost and the graphics are far superior to the old days. Commissions are much lower and the speed of trading is very fast. ypu can not imagine how slow it was over the phone and waiting for the order to reach the pit and confirm and come back.

not sure what the company does today. I will not speculate on it. you can look it up on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        Who is your data supplier and/or broker?

If you don't connect to CQG http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php then you don't need to worry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CQG
        Thanks Chile & Sledge. My data is Kinetick live, Interactive Brokers is my trading platform... so guess I am good to go as is.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
          Thanks Chile & Sledge. My data is Kinetick live, Interactive Brokers is my trading platform... so guess I am good to go as is.
          now they are alerting 'Continuum' users to reinstall. I use kinetick so once again it looks like I don't have to reinstall. Please tell me if I am wrong in that I must reinstall. Thanks again for all your help... much appreciated.

ADVISORY #18
          NinjaTraADder Advisory Notice – Continuum Users Only

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thanks for your post.

That is correct, since you use Kinetick and Interactive Brokers a reinstall of NinjaTrader is not required.
            CQG and Continuum are other connectivity providers available with NinjaTrader.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes