IB historcal data pacing violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB historcal data pacing violation

I keep getting pacing violations loading historical data from Interactive Brokers. NT seems to always load historical data starting from the current date time. Doesn't NT store already recieved data, and add older historical data to the stored set? If that' not the case, then it is impossible to get any significant historical data from IB, because a pacing violation is guaranteed at the same point in time every time. I'm trying to get 2min YM data, and cannot get more then a couple of months worth, because of pacing violation error at the same point every time. Please advise.

Please make sure you are on 6.5.0.9.

>> Doesn't NT store already received data, and add older historical data to the stored set?
    Yes it does. However, if you are requesting data for a time in the past where NT doesn't have anything in the DB, NT will go to the provider.

Comment

I am on 6.5.0.5 Did the historical data code change in 6.5.0.9 ? When I reload data, the dialog messages show that the request always start from the current time. Did this behavior change in 6.5.0.9 ?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Please make sure you are on 6.5.0.9.

>> Doesn't NT store already received data, and add older historical data to the stored set?
      Yes it does. However, if you are requesting data for a time in the past where NT doesn't have anything in the DB, NT will go to the provider.

Comment

Please update to latest 6.5.0.9. Request still will start at current time but you will not run that soon into the pacing violation.

Comment

Thanks, I will try 5.6.0.9 Do you know what has changed in the logic to delay the error? Seems to me, if you don't skip over the stored data and start the request from the oldest stored data, you will pretty much preset the amount of data you can ever get from IB. If you store the data and add to it instead, then you can increasingly build up your stored historical data set. Don't want to install the new version and find out that instead of a 2 month limitation, now I have a 4 month limitation.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Please update to latest 6.5.0.9. Request still will start at current time but you will not run that soon into the pacing violation.

Comment

Please check the release notes. They hold any information we provide on NT updates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse