Bad order status when using confirm orders with ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad order status when using confirm orders with ATI

I am using the ATI to generate orders from TS. When I turn on the confirm orders option, I am seeing a problem with the order status that is returned (from the NTOrderStatus() call.

The order status starts out empty (zero length string) while NT is waiting for the confirm dialog to be answered.

It seems to work when the order is accepted via the confirm dialog (goes from empty status string to pending to accepted etc).

The problem is when the order is canceled via the confirm dialog. In this case, the order status remains an emtpy string instead of going to the cancel or rejected state. This means that the TS side has no way of knowing what the current state of the order is and can not clean up and get ready for the next order. The Ninja side appears to clean up fine, and correctly errors any further order modifications.

The same code works perfectly when not using confirm orders, but I am trying to add the option to turn confirm orders on.

This is happening with the latest version of 6.5 and with the ZenFire feed.

This is expected behaviour as an order has not been placed until the confirmation is pressed. When you cancel, you are not cancelling an order but cancelling the request to authorize order placement.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

While I expected this answer, it means that the interface is fundamentally broken because there is no way to know from the TS side of the ATI that the order was never submitted or is no longer considered valid. Is there some other way to get this info that I have not seen in the doc?

Another option to fix this would be to return a status of "invalid" for any order that NT does not know about. Of course that means NT would have to differentiate between an invalid order and one that is pending a confirm.

This needs to be addressed for the interface to be usable.

Comment

Unfortunately not. I will consider this as suggestion for improvement.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes