NT 64-bit not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 64-bit not working.

After upgrading to Version 14, when I click on the 64-bit icon, a screen pops up and says that NT.exe has been changed or moved, so this shortcut no longer works properly. I can get NT to come up when I click the other icon - the 32-bit, I assume.

I don't need much historical data and have no indicators, and I run four charts and three DOMs and have a powerful computer. Do I even need the 64-bit? If so, how do I get it going? Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader with the steps I have provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7.0.1000.14 from the link below:
    Download

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That worked, thanks!

Comment

That also solved my problem.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
          After upgrading to Version 14, when I click on the 64-bit icon, a screen pops up and says that NT.exe has been changed or moved, so this shortcut no longer works properly. I can get NT to come up when I click the other icon - the 32-bit, I assume.

I don't need much historical data and have no indicators, and I run four charts and three DOMs and have a powerful computer. Do I even need the 64-bit? If so, how do I get it going? Thanks!

Chris, I just posted a problem in Connection Thread regarding not being able to find 32bit NT. Where did you find it?

Comment

After reinstalling NinjaTrader you should have two icons on your Desktop and for 32-bit you will want to select the icon "NinjaTrader 7". If you do not see it listed can you please go to the Windows Start menu-->All Programs-->Open the NinjaTrader 7 folder and tell me if you can open NinjaTrader from this location.

Comment

I installed the new version of NT and with the demo zen-fire strategies and indicators installed do not work

Comment

When you installed the new version did you have NinjaTrader open? If so can you please close NinjaTrader-->Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Reboot your PC then install NinjaTrader at the link below:

Download

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post frankthearm  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                2 responses