Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limit order & stop loss order at the same time in the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit order & stop loss order at the same time in the market?

Hi Folks,

I would like to submit a limit order and the stop loss order for this limit order at the same time. I don't want to wait for the Limit Order Entry to be filled before the Stop Order is placed at the market by the ATM.

Is there a solution in Ninjatrader's ATM strategy (or with an additional or external software script) that I can place a limit order and a stop loss order at the same time in the market?

In fast volatile scalping trades, I want to be sure, that when the limit order gets filled that there is already a protecting stop loss in place before. By doing so, I would like to avoid that my stop loss order is overran by a very fast and volatile market, if the ATM places the important stop loss order to late in the market. Furthermore, if a stop loss order is early pIaced in the market, this stop loss order gets a better time stamp, which very often avoids higher slippage.

Thank you for helping in this important matter
    Last edited by Dr-E6; 06-23-2013, 03:00 AM.

Hello Dr-E6,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible through custom programming in NinjaScript, NinjaTrader's programmign language based on Microsoft's C#.

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
    Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
    Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with in-depth training on how to create, test and deploy fully automated strategies.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Dr-E6,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible through custom programming in NinjaScript, NinjaTrader's programmign language based on Microsoft's C#.

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
      Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
      Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with in-depth training on how to create, test and deploy fully automated strategies.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
      Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
      i am trully depressed to see these posts from 2013 without any solution to this

maybe op wrote something to do that? I have 0% knowledge in programming to see the tutorials and webnars will help me in nothing.

please any help

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The solution in NinjaScript requires custom programming. We do not provide programming services and would only provide education and guidance.

However, this idea is still possible if you manually place these orders your self.
        You could do this with these steps:
        1. Go to your Order Entry Window.
        2. Submit your entry order.
        3. Right click in the Order Entry Window --> select OCO Order.
        4. Submit your proctective orders.
        5. Right click in the Order Entry Window --> select OCO Order.

These steps will allow you to submit the entry and then the protective orders as OCO orders so if one fills the other cancels.
        Unfortunately, there is no other means to implement this.

For information on Order Entry in NinjaTrader 7 please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rder_entry.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The solution in NinjaScript requires custom programming. We do not provide programming services and would only provide education and guidance.

However, this idea is still possible if you manually place these orders your self.
          You could do this with these steps:
          1. Go to your Order Entry Window.
          2. Submit your entry order.
          3. Right click in the Order Entry Window --> select OCO Order.
          4. Submit your proctective orders.
          5. Right click in the Order Entry Window --> select OCO Order.

These steps will allow you to submit the entry and then the protective orders as OCO orders so if one fills the other cancels.
          Unfortunately, there is no other means to implement this.

For information on Order Entry in NinjaTrader 7 please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rder_entry.htm

Sorry but I was not able to replicate it. Could you please give a example? Eg let's say price is now at 1600 and I wish to buy at 1200, stop loss at 1100 and take profit at 1400.what I should do?

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

Thank you for your response.

I will create a video for your guidance. Can you detail what Order Entry window you use (SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc.) and what version of NinjaTrader you are using? You can check the version under Help > About. Example: 8.0.x.x or 7.0.1000.x.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

I will create a video for your guidance. Can you detail what Order Entry window you use (SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc.) and what version of NinjaTrader you are using? You can check the version under Help > About. Example: 8.0.x.x or 7.0.1000.x.

I look forward to your response.
              8.0.14.1 64-bit

Many thanks

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

Please view the video at the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EG...JmFhLstTCMzteW

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

Please view the video at the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EG...JmFhLstTCMzteW

i am using a third party plugin and trying to put a buy limit and then just a sell stop bellow. but i get a error from the broker (binance) saying i dont have funds (problably because the buy order was not triggered).

there is not a way to keep a "fake" order/line that when touched will send a real order to the broker? this will need to be developed?
                  Attached Files

Comment

i was forggoting to activate oco order but i am getting this error now:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

It is important to enable OCO after you place the entry order and the disable OCO after placing the exit orders.

If you leave OCO enabled it will begin submitting the same OCO id for orders. If an order has already been submitted with the OCO id and has been executed or cancelled then it should not be used again.

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

It is important to enable OCO after you place the entry order and the disable OCO after placing the exit orders.

If you leave OCO enabled it will begin submitting the same OCO id for orders. If an order has already been submitted with the OCO id and has been executed or cancelled then it should not be used again.

the problem is: i cant set even a stop order. I receive a message of insuficient funds. When i try to put a sell limit or sell stop order bellow the blue cyan line (with and without "OCO") i get this message.

There is a solution to it or do i will need to hire a dev to creat a "virtual order" wich will only became active after the blue line is triggered?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello ummagumma,

The message you receive would need to be discussed with your broker. Likely the account does not support orders that far out from the position or traded prices.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kulwinder73