X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Ninja Study with error

Hello
    Ninja 7 64 bit latest version
    I downloaded a study that had script error now i can't figure out how to remove it and im not a programmer to fix it i would simply like to remove the study . I did attempt to remove it from documents bin folder ,

Thanks for your time and input

Curtis

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks I will check out the comprehensive thread

Comment

Ok I un installed ninja Trader and re installed under the comprehensive thread after failure to delete indicator. reloaded ninja and study is still there < I may have missed something

here is the screen shots of the offending script im trying to delete

above
        Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

below
        Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you find the TrippleEMA file in the Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator menu? If so, it should be possible to remove the file by selecting it and clicking the Delete button.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it did just let me delete the script this time when i reloaded Ninja , looks like its fixed

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes