Multiple Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Charts

I am in the early stages of playing with the NT dll and am wondering if it is possible to run multiple charts of the same currency pair and have a correct composite position. It would seem that the signals for trades would need to gathered and compared against the market position. Assume 3 chart 2 long, 1 short.

Thanks for the help!!
    Don

Maybe this article will explain the positions a little better. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4033
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Thanks for the reply... I assume I have not been able to explain myself properly.

I do understand that when the charts are opened, it maybe necessary for me to place manual trades to have the market in sync with the strategy.

Assuming I make use of the NT dll and write order instruction in my EL strategy...

The question is...if put into sync manually, will the account position and the strategy position remain in sync if more than one chart is traded of the same pair (as example 5 seperate charts of EURUSD) where 2 charts might be long and 3 charts might be short.

It would seem to me that there is no way to manage the trades so that the total strategy positions (composite of all 5 charts) of 1 short is the account position.

Thanks for your help,
      Don

Comment

From your broker's perspective, if one of your strategies went long and another went short you effectively have a flat market position. It gets confusing really fast as the two strategies trade. If now your long strategy closes you now have a short account position. If your short strategy closes after, you now are flat. You add 5 strategies to this dynamic further adds to the confusion. Whatever account position you end up with from running so many strategies is impossible to say because it depends on the trading dynamics of all the strategies together.

I suggest you try it out on the Sim101 account to see the dynamics in action. It'll make it easier to understand how they interact.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes