mobile hot spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mobile hot spots

Any recommendations on a wifi to go that will be able to handle the data needs of Ninja trader? I think I can reliably get 1mb in each direction and from other posts I have seen that is a good amount for ninja trader? also is that suitable for automated trading or dose that increase data draw down?

I am wondering if any broker/data provider would be better suited for this than another. Could the way they transmit there data effect the effectiveness of trying to do this. The other option if this is not good is to remotely access another PC through mobile wifi as a way to lower the data needs on my end. Is that possible solution if the mobile hot spots bandwith is not strong enough.

Finally and this is kind of a administrator? If i purchase a full life long license would I be able to paper trade off of a Google or Yahoo data? Feed I am just looking to test methods the cheapest way possible and I am not necessarily opening an account with a broker right away.

Thank you

Future richest man in the world.

Hello Plutus'sfavor,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader's minimum requirements specify only that a 'high speed' internet connection be used and I would say that a 1 MB connection meets that requirement. We would generally recommend a wired connection over a wireless connection due to stability.

Intraday data is required when paper trading so unfortunately neither the free Google or Yahoo connection would suffice as those two sources offer daily data only. More information about the various types of data which each provider offers can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses