Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open print help please?

Hello.

I want to make sure I have my sessions right, so could someone please verify what the opening print for CL 8/13 RTH for trade date 6/26/13 was please?

If the RTH session is chosen and I am connected to my broker's stream, NT does not go by what my computer's time indicates does it? I am sure as soon as the RTH session opens the data is transmitted to me?

Thanks!!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) By print you mean the open price I take it? I can check this if you'll answer the following questions:
    • Which data provider are you using?
    • Which interval of bar is displayed in the chart? (200 tick, 5 minute, 1 day, etc.)
    • Which Session Template have you selected in your chart?

2.) The Session Templates default to CL would be based on the exchange hours to ensure that data was available in real-time.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) By print you mean the open price I take it? I can check this if you'll answer the following questions:
      • Which data provider are you using?
      • Which interval of bar is displayed in the chart? (200 tick, 5 minute, 1 day, etc.)
      • Which Session Template have you selected in your chart?

2.) The Session Templates default to CL would be based on the exchange hours to ensure that data was available in real-time.
      1) Zen fire
      2) 888 tick and 290 tick
      3) Nymex Energy RTH

The CME website says today, 6/26/13, RTH session opened at 94.91, yet NT using the above specs says it opened at 95.10

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm seeing a different open price here.

Please right click in the chart and select the reload historical data option. Next, right click again and select Indicators. Select the CurrentDayOHL indicator from the list on the upper left then click New. Finally, click OK to apply the indicator.

What does the yellow line from that indicator show as the open?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm seeing a different open price here.

Please right click in the chart and select the reload historical data option. Next, right click again and select Indicators. Select the CurrentDayOHL indicator from the list on the upper left then click New. Finally, click OK to apply the indicator.

What does the yellow line from that indicator show as the open?

thanks

Comment

With the proper template, you can also display the regular open on a full session chart.

Subdivide your CL template into three sections.

Sunday 6:00 PM - Monday 9:00 AM (night session)
            Monday 9:00 AM - Monday 2:30 PM (regular session)
            Monday 2:30 PM - Monday 5:15 PM (after session)
            all times EST!

then continue this for the rest of the week.

Open a CL chart with this template and apply the anaCurrentDayOHLV42 indicator from the SessionPivotsV42. It shows the regular open with the noise bands (Tony Crabel's stretch), high and low and Fibonacci retracements, see chart attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your response.

Where are you locating the RTH session on the CME website? If possibly please provide the link to this session open on the CME website.

On the CME website I am able to locate the Session Hours as the defined in NinjaTrader with the NYMEX Metals/Energy ETH: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...fications.html

This open matches the Zen-Fire data I have for the open: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...s_futures.html

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello nepenthean,

Where are you locating the RTH session on the CME website? If possibly please provide the link to this session open on the CME website.

On the CME website I am able to locate the Session Hours as the defined in NinjaTrader with the NYMEX Metals/Energy ETH: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...fications.html

This open matches the Zen-Fire data I have for the open: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ener...s_futures.html
                The RTH session is called Open Outcry on the CME website. You will easily find it under the contract specificationss as per link above. Daily Zenfire data supplies the OHLC from the open outcry (RTH) session. Kinetick data supplies the OHLS from the full (ETH) session - where S stands for settlement price.

CME does not publish a regular or full session close, but the most important price is the settlement. With Zenfire data the settlement price is not available. With Kinetick data you can determine the settlement price from daily data (daily close), while you can catch the close of the regular session by using an appropriate template, such as shown below.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Harry!

You rock!

So you trade CL I take it?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes