candles not in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candles not in sync

i have a problem with my charts when I open them my last three candles are not correct. there seems to be an extra candle when I open new or reload. It is just one extra but i throws my candle formation off. see attached
    Attached Files

Hello gwhale22,

Please note that price bars are timestamped at the closing time. So the 7:00 bar contains data from 6:00:00 - 6:59:59 More information can be found at the link below under 'Understanding the variables involved in building chart bars'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

not in sync still

I tried repair to db and removed cache but no correction here is the 1 hr chart pic taken at 6:46 before I connected to my data feed, and then when I do connect, I get an extra candle in the next pic????? still a problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is as expected. The 7:00 AM 60 minute bar contains data from 6:00:00 - 6:59:59 AM.

Comment

if you look at a CL 08-13 hourly chart on your Ninja or any other platform and look at the last 3 candles on my attached chart, you will see the your chart or any other hour chart only has two candles that my 3 make up. this is the chart now that we have a new candle on the new hour. My current candle is now correct for the hour, but the prior two candles should be one. this isn't a second or minute off, it occurs when I open my charts and connect to my data feed.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Can you please perform the following steps. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Transfer the tick, minute, day and cache folders to your desktop. These folders contain all historical data you have present.

Start NinjaTrader and check if data is loaded correctly.

Comment

I just moved those folders to my desktop, restarted but my problem still exists. my 7 am hour candle is now split and the 6 am candle is now correct..see attached...so looking at this the candle that started at 5 am s/b the candle that started at 6 am CST and my current candle and the prior should be one. just trying to clarify what I am seeing to help you resolve hopefully. can someone call and look, because I don't know if this can be resolved this way. 281 651-4850..let me know...thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, candles not in sync' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                17 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes