How not send stop loss and target to Broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How not send stop loss and target to Broker

I trade off the chart and use the ATM strategy. When I buy or short it automatically sends the stop loss to the broker. I believe the market makers see these orders and use it to their advantage. Is there a simple strategy not to send the stop loss order in until the stop is reached?

Hello,

Yes, you can do this through the use of Simulated stop orders. Please be aware when doing this the order will reside on your local PC only. In the event of connection loss you will need to contact your broker if you wish to add a stop.

For more details on placing and using this type of order: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...top_orders.htm
    Chart trader with SSOrders: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_orders4.htm

let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see how to set the SSOrders when manually placing orders, but not when using the ATM Strategy. In the stop strategy under the custom options, there is a simulated order field. It is labeled Vol. What is Vol Trigger suppose to be set to? I already have my stop loss and profit target set, why do I need to set something called Vol Trigger?

Comment

Hello,

When applying a stop loss order as a simulated stop, the volume trigger tells NinjaTrader not to submit the order to the market until volume is less than the volume trigger.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are you referring to volume as in thousand of shares being traded? I do not understand the volume trigger. I simple do not want my stop orders submitted until they are reached. I right clicked and turned on SO, but it did not work when using my ATM. It worked fine when I did not use ATM. So exactly how do I use SO with ATM strategy. For example lets say I set the stop loss to 20 and I want it only sent to the broker when it is hit.

Comment

Hello,

I am not referring to any multiple of volume - a plain figure is used here.

In your example, you set a volume trigger of 20. By doing so, you've told NinjaTrader not to submit the order to market until your order's price is met and volume at the price is less than 20.

Comment

I do not know what volume at the price is less than 20 means. Maybe if I give a specific example. I trade futures moving in 0.1 increments. I want my stop to be activated on a 20 tick move. That value is set as the stop. So lets say I go long the commodity at 97.50 and I want my stop to be 97.30. What is the volume number? Does it override the Stop Loss set on the ATM Strategy?

Comment

Hello,

The Volume Trigger has nothing to do with the order's price - the order price is set with the order itself. The volume trigger tells NinjaTrader whether or not to send the order once the order's price is met.

Working from your example, the order price is set at 97.30 and you've chosen a volume trigger of 20. With this setup you have told NinjaTrader that you want the order sent only when price is 97.30 or less and volume at that price is 20 or less. Unless both of those conditions are met, the order is not sent to your broker.

Comment

Originally posted by rwbil View Post
                  I do not know what volume at the price is less than 20 means. Maybe if I give a specific example. I trade futures moving in 0.1 increments. I want my stop to be activated on a 20 tick move. That value is set as the stop. So lets say I go long the commodity at 97.50 and I want my stop to be 97.30. What is the volume number? Does it override the Stop Loss set on the ATM Strategy?
                  This is very thoroughly explained, with examples, in the NT Help Manual. It migjt help if you just read that instead.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...top_orders.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post guillembm  
                  Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes