Flagging a trigger in an indcator for Strategy Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flagging a trigger in an indcator for Strategy Wizard

Does anyone know how I can use Strategy Wizard to watch for a "flag" or trigger in a custom indicator? The indicator would be watching for a trade set up. When it is right it would need to set a flag - something like Strategy Trigger; nuetral = 0, buy =1, sell = -1

In the wizard it appears you can only set up around indicator defined plotting parameters. I am sure this can be done by writing a custom strategy, but I am trying to stay within the capabilities of Strategy Wizard since I have no programming experience.

Wizard should be apprecitated more for non-coders. But with little support or ways to understand it, it is a diamond that will stay rough.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Hello JMont1,

Using the Strategy Wizard, you would only be able to access an Indicator's Plot. Note that you can do a setup like this inside of the Strategy Wizard, but the Indicator will have to have a Plot setup to be able to have this function.

Is this indicator one that you have created or downloaded from a 3rd Party?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Plotting a flag (trigger) - Never thought about that

Yes, it is a custom indicator so I would prefer not post the code here if I can avoid it. Nothing ingenious about it, but there was collaboration to take into account.

Funny how expressing an idea allows you to get past your internal "objections."

I would not have thought about using this trigger as a plot. But I guess I could set up a plot for the simple -1, 0, 1. Would not think that is the best method, but it should work - and as long as I am not plotting on the screen - who cares. OR maybe I should plot on the screen - maybe even with judgemental values. Wow - u got me thinking.

Hope this works!
      Last edited by JMont1; 06-28-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Glad to hear it. This way of doing it would be to be able to use it inside of the Strategy Wizard, but it would be a very simple and easy way to implement this.

Note that if you do not want the plots to show up you can always set plot color to "Transparent". This will allow the plot to still be accessed its values but not visible inside of a chart.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses