Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COBC=false , one entry based on 1 min bar

hi

i'm trying to make my entry based on COBC=fase, once i'm in the trade, I dont want to be whipshawd to death. Therefore i want to enter as soon as my condition is true, but exit based on 1 min bar. any idea?

ie; at 10am, my condition comes true, i go long. i want to wait until 10:01 to check to see if my exit conditions are met.

also, if i'm the data series that i'm using on my chart is recko, will my strategy use the recko data series as well? or do i have to do something to make my strategy analyze recko data series?

Originally posted by calhawk01 View Post
    hi

i'm trying to make my entry based on COBC=fase, once i'm in the trade, I dont want to be whipshawd to death. Therefore i want to enter as soon as my condition is true, but exit based on 1 min bar. any idea?

ie; at 10am, my condition comes true, i go long. i want to wait until 10:01 to check to see if my exit conditions are met.

also, if i'm the data series that i'm using on my chart is recko, will my strategy use the recko data series as well? or do i have to do something to make my strategy analyze recko data series?
    Code:

if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat && OtherEntryConditionsMet)
    {
    // Make entry here
    }
    if (FirstTickOfBar && ExitConditionsMet)
    {
    // Goodbye!
    }

Comment

hi, i'm still getting funny results when using recko bars... do i have to add a certain code to get recko bars to be recognized by the trading strategies, or will i just simply need to add the recko bars on the chart

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your response.

Are these results from backtesting or real-time data?

What are seeing that you are not expecting?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello calhawk01,

Are these results from backtesting or real-time data?

What are seeing that you are not expecting?

I look forward to your response.
          testing on market replay data; they are different b/c the purchase price is different.

so back to my question: is there some "extra" i have to add to my trading strategy CODE to access recko bar's data? or can i just keep my code the SAME and just select different data series on the chart? RIGHT NOW, what i have done is three different ways:

1) use 1 min data, no additional code added to strategy
          2) use recko bars data series, no additional code added to strategy
          3) add recko data series code to strategy, and then select recko bars

the 3rd option gives me different executed prices. so my question is: what if anything, i should, or SHOULD NOT, be adding to my code to access recko bars

thank you

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

There should be no need to change the code based on the bar series used. However, backtesting is always historical data which means it is always CalculateOnBarClose = True.

You may wish to add an additional data series to your code with a smaller time frame such as 1 tick to calculate the entry point and only exit on your Renko bars. For a reference sample on this please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6652

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
              Hello calhawk01,

There should be no need to change the code based on the bar series used. However, backtesting is always historical data which means it is always CalculateOnBarClose = True.

You may wish to add an additional data series to your code with a smaller time frame such as 1 tick to calculate the entry point and only exit on your Renko bars. For a reference sample on this please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6652

Please let me know if you have any questions.
              what does "AddRenko("ES 09-13", 2, MarketDataType.Last); do in a strategy? in initialize

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your post.

AddRenko("ES 09-13", 2, MarketDataType.Last); would add a 2 Renko chart based on the last price data (versus Bid or Ask) of the ES 09-13.

For information on AddRenko() please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/addrenko.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED