Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to draw on lower timeframes

Hi,

For some reason I am unable to draw on lower timeframes on a chart for the YM, I am able to draw lines, text etc fine on the weekly and daily charts and also on all timeframes on other products.

Can you please help, this happens even when I reload a new chart and I have totally removed Ninja Trader and reloaded it to my PC

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I suspect that you are running in to a known limitation of drawing objects in NinjaTrader 7.

If any anchor point of a drawing object (the black boxes which appear when selected) falls outside of the field of view in the chart that drawing object will not be painted. Adjusting the chart's borders or adjusting your procedure to draw in the intraday timeframes instead of the weekly timeframes would be our recommendation.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, how do I do that, I have tried adjusting the size of the screen which I can do but I am still unable to draw on the lower timeframes??

Comment

Hello Bvckle,

OK, so you did not draw the object in a daily or weekly chart which subsequently was not displayed in the lower timeframe chart. You try to draw the object directly in the lower timeframe chart, which is not possible for you somehow. What happens when you try to do so - do you experience an error message?

Do you have a custom indicators or add-ons loaded in the chart? If so, please try a chart without any indicators or add-ons.

If the issue remains, could you please post a screenshot of the chart.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Its a brand new chart??

I originally opened a weekly chart and drew a number of objects on it and I then wanted to look down the time frames at the same objects, apparently you can't do this in??

So I opened another chart from scratch on a lower time-frame and for some reason it will not let me draw any objects, I can open the drawing menu, and when I chose to draw a line, for example, it doesn't show up? It is a little strange as if I double click as I try to draw an object/line the properties menu comes up allowing me to edit the object, although I can't see it, its as if its invisible??

I though this was a glitch so I removed Ninja Trader from my PC and then reinstalled but the settings remained the same??? I have tried to re-set the settings on the options menu but again no luck??

No the chart has no indicators or add ons at all... all the other charts that I open are fine with the exception of the YM.

I'm not sure how a screen shot would help to be hoe=nest as there are no error messages its just lines that are apparently invisible??

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Bvckle,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=58859
            2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM