orders for opening and closing auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orders for opening and closing auctions

Hello. For automated trading using NinjaScript, does Ninjatrader support market-on-open (MOO) and limit-on-open (LOO) order types that participate in the opening auction? Also, what about market-on-close and limit-on-close orders? These order types are supported by Interactive Brokers. I'm wondering if I can submit these orders using NinjaScript. Thanks.

Hello tonyz,

Thanks for your note.

Market on open orders are not supported with NinjaTrader. You could, however, simulate this with a NinjaScript Strategy.

Below is a link to a similar thread where this is discussed.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3594
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, Thank you for your reply. I read the link you posted. The simulated method may work well for Limit on Open (LOO) and Limit on Close (LOO) orders. But I don't think it works for Market on Open (MOO) and Market on Close (MOC) orders. For example, a Market on Open (MOO) order needs to be submitted two minutes before market open with the exact MOO order type. If a regular market order is submitted two minutes before market, it risks being filled in the pre-market (which usually has wide bid-ask spreads), instead of at the opening auction. On the other hand, if a regular market order is submitted at market open, it would have missed the opening auction, and get filled after market open. For orders of large size, both types of simulated orders may execute at much worse prices than the MOO order.

Since these types of orders are supported by the exchanges, can NinjaTrader make them available in futures releases? Thanks.

Comment

Hello tonyz,

Thanks for your reply.

I have submitted your feature request to add functionality to submit Limit On Open, Limit On Close, Market On Open, and Market On Close orders to our development department.

Thank you for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

Once I have received a tracking ID for this request I will update you with this ID so that you may track the progress of this suggestion at a later date.

Comment

Hello tonyz,

Thanks again for your great suggestions to improve NinjaTrader.

We value your opinions and they will be considered in our feature discussion for a future NinjaTrader release. Your input has been entered into our tracking system and assigned ID #2444.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post dustydbayer  
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses