Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No RTH data upload

Hi,

Am unable to get RTH data for CME Globex ES or YM to upload. The ETH data uploads fine. Last entry for the RTH data is the close (10:15 AM PST) on 7/3/2013. Have done the 'reset instruments' and 'repair database' routines to no avail.

I've attached 2 charts which show the 15 min ES with ETH and RTH time frames. You can see that the RTH chart is essentially dead with no data whatsoever getting through.

The log file for today and also a day when there was no problem are also attached. Looks to me like a server problem and note that I am using the broker freebie version of NinjaTrader. The trace files are too large for the forum.

Please advise
    Attached Files

Hello,

First try right clicking the chart -> reload historical data

Also ensure the end date is set properly. Right click the chart -> data series -> Ensure the end date is set to today's date.

If this does not work as a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart (with chart template set to <none>) and test for issue.
    * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I mean by a server error is that it looks like the data feed, CQG, is not sending the RTH data to your server.

Comment

Hello,

I do not currently have any reports of CQG related issues and the test I just ran is loading data properly on both ETH and RTH charts. Can you verify that you tried the above steps?
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem solved. The end date was 7/3 instead of 7/5. I was mucking about with it before enacting your fix. Thank you for your help.
          Last edited by ljyoung; 07-05-2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason