Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Thanks for providing this info.

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    For documentation purposes, here are the steps that I used:

1. Got to your OpenTick account and choose Support->Symbols and search on your symbol to find all the exchanges it trades on.
    2. Download QuoteBoard from Opentick from Products->Downloads
    3. Install and run QuoteBoard. Right click and enter the various exchange/symbol combinations from step 1
    4. In Quoteboard, observe which is the fastest exchange for your symbol
    5. On NT, edit that symbol in instrument manager misc tab, and specify your chosen exchange by enterin "<symbol>|<exchange code>" (no quotes) for OpenTick symbol mapping
    6. Restart NT

Originally posted by monpere View Post
    Ok, I had to restart NT in order to get live data to start streaming. I still think there is a lack of documentation on this subject. So I am putting this entry here so that someone else with this issue might be able to find these steps by searching this forum.

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    Ok, I had to restart NT in order to get live data to start streaming. I still think there is a lack of documentation on this subject. So I am putting this entry here so that someone else with this issue might be able to find these steps by searching this forum.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    >> I believe this is NT's responsibility to inform its users on this procedure.
    Understood. However, NT already comes will all the instruments we agreed on with OT support. Anything beyond that may or may not work.

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    I entered "SPY|P" for OT in the Instrument manager, now I get historical data, but the chart is not updating live. I also ran OT's quoteboard, and entered the same symbol and exchange, and it is ticking fine in Quoteboard. What else am I missing? Can someone at NT write 2 paragraphs on exactly what is required to setup a symbol on OpenTick? the OpenTick site has a NT setup paragraph, but doesn't mention how to setup the symbols. I believe this is NT's responsibility to inform its users on this procedure. I seem to be getting one more little piece of information every time I ask a question. What else do I need to do now, to get live data?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    Searching for "mapping" in the help guide brings you e.g. here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

... which shows you how to change the mapping for a given instrument for a given provider.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Searching for "mapping" in the help guide brings you e.g. here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

... which shows you how to change the mapping for a given instrument for a given provider.

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    As I said, I contacted OT, they showed me that the symbols were ticking using the OT 'Quoteboard' program I downloaded from their site. I do have the symbol name and exchange, because you need to input that into the quoteboard program. Where od I set the 'OT mapping' taht you mention? Please tell me the procedure to set these up in NT, or kindly point me to a documentation link. Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    Please contact OT support to figure out:
    - OT symbol name
    - OT exchange name

You then need to set the OT mapping to "<OT symbol name>|<OT exchange name>".

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Please contact OT support to figure out:
    - OT symbol name
    - OT exchange name

You then need to set the OT mapping to "<OT symbol name>|<OT exchange name>".

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    replied
    I am not getting data for DIA or SPY but am getting data for YM futures. I called OT support, they referenced me to their quoteboard program which shows that SPY and DIA are being updated from several exchanges. What do I need to do in NT to get these symbols to work? In Instrument manager->Edit->Misc. tab, I have 'SPY and 'DIA' under the OpenTick entry and 'Default' exchange checked. What else do I need to do?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
    Please contact OT support to see if there are any known issues.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Please contact OT support to see if there are any known issues.

Leave a comment:

• monpere
    started a topic No OpenTick real time data

No OpenTick real time data

I am not getting OpenTick data today. Charts come up but are not updating. Relaod history, reloads historical data, but no real time data updating the charts.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post ScottWalsh  
Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM