Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No security definition found + mix up in chart data

Hello,

My workspace has a number of charts of the ES and the SGX Nikkei.

Recently, when I connected to IB TWS, I either get a no security definition found for the SGX Nikkei or the same error for the ES. Everything was working fine previously. For example today I got the no security definition found for the ES, and my ES opened without any historical data.

I tried using the "Reload All Historical Data" option and now my charts have this mixture of historical data where some of the historical days in the ES chart are actually Nikkei prices, and some of the historical data in the Nikkei chart are actually ES prices, so the scaling is all horrible when I scroll back to look at the historical prices. The real time prices seem to update fine.

Any ideas?

Hello wintermelon,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? To check, please click Help > About.

Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using with NinjaTrader? To check, please click Help > About Trader Workstation.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Ninjatrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.14
      TWS Build 938.1e, Apr 22, 2013

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Those are the recommended versions. Please disconnect from IB and reset NinjaTrader's instrument list:
        Open the Options menu (Tools > Options) then navigate to the Data tab.
        Click Reset Instruments.
        Restart NinjaTrader.

After restarting, please reconnect and try the charts again.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I resetted the instruments restarted NT. I still get the same error message "Error on loading chart data for 'ES 09-13 Globex'. Interactive Brokers: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request (200)."

My ES chart is missing historical data from this morning. The historical bars became all bunched up (can be manually fixed again). And some of the historical days of the ES chart still contains price data from the SGX Nikkei. Is it possible to reload the historical data on the ES chart only, but not for the other charts? It seems that if I choose to reload all data, Ninjatrader gets mixed up and so the data from IB gets placed into the wrong charts.

Comment

Hello wintermelon,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=59147
            2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes