Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection problems NT to TWS

Hi,

I just upgraded to NT 7.0.1000.14 (lifetime license) and also upgraded TWS from the supplied link to version 938.1e.

Two issues have come up:
    - Quite often when NT opens the login window of TWS it writes a few or all characters of the password right after the user name into the user name input field. Of course the login doesn't work then.
    - Once I started a connection to either the real or the simulated account at IB I cannot start a second connection to the other one. I can connect to either one alone, but not to both at the same time.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to check or change any settings?

NutFlush

Hello Nutflush,

Do you notice any consistency between the occurrences? You could start TWS first and subsequently start NinjaTrader and then connect as a workaround.

Please see the instructions below if you like to connect to both accounts simultaneously.

Manually start TWS from the desktop, if you have two accounts start it up twice with each account logged in.

When the TWS platform has started, click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value. Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username. Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.

In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.

Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will need to do this for both account connections.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I couldn't find any consistency as to when the password was entered into the wrong field. Maybe NT is sending the characters too fast for the TWS window...

As for logging into both accounts: I followed your instructions and it works fine that way.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes