Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT connecting IB TWS, Javabits missing

Hello,

After installing NT 14 a few weeks ago I experience connecting issues to IB TWS.

When connecting fron NT a pop up window appears which states jfreechart-1.0.09.jar and jcommon-1.0.12.jar are missing from the classpath.

I know this is a recurring issue in this support forum, but other theads do not help me. I've had this issue before, but after upgrading it's back again. And to be honest I am more hesitated with every update NT comes with, because it standard comes with connecting issues every time and with every issue my positive experience I had with NT to TWS get less and less. At this point I just want a trading system which connects smoouthly, reconnects on disconnections without any hassle and does not turn into some 'ghostmode' I have had some times last weeks: all connections seems fine, but NT does not trigger any order, while it should have, Disabling and enabling all strategies and suddely it seems NT should have done something, because positions are running in strategies suddenly, when they were not before.

So now I have the missing Java files again which keep NT from conecting to TWS automatically and the mode in which NT just stay like it's running fine, but in the end it appears it has done nothing where it should have traded positions from my strategies.

I run NT14 now on TWS 927.7. I use this build because of IB Gateway. I know you do not support this build (which you should btw), but in the past this build had proven to be the only one with the least problems. First datafeed is IQFeed. This works fine, but after connecting to IB second, OHL prices are missing in the order tab. Also something that point out to me NT and IB don't work flawless anymore, or at least bring me problems on every singel update.

I have set the account connections right in NT (127.0.0.1 instead of localhost etc), set the path to Javaw.exe correctly etc, all as it worked before. Where to look at that my system works as it does with NT13?

Regards,
    Francis

Hello Francis,

Please note that NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.14 requires TWS 938. Can you please download and install TWS 938 from the following link.

You should now be able to connect successful.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the reply.

I will update to the latest build of TWS this weekend when markets are closed.

I can remind me a reply on this forum from May this year about IB Gateway and TWS builds, which mentioned that the 927.7 build is still the latest build that supports IB Gateway. Is that true?

And is there any activity from NT to support IB Gateway in the near future? I'm still a bit confused NT still not seem to take any action on this part of TWS many of NT users are very interested in.

Kind regards,
      Francis

Comment

Hello Francis,

I am not sure if you can run IB Gateway using the current supported TWS version 938. If NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 and TWS 938 do not work, I suggest to go back to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.13 and TWS 927.

It is on the list of possible future enhancements. Unfortunately, I do not have information if and when it will be supported.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fwendolynlpxz  
        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes