Backtest Not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest Not working

I run the Sample Strategies on ninjatrader 7.0.1000.12 and it will not show results for any sample strategy. i thought my strategy wizard would work but my strat wouldnt show any results. is it because i am outdated? or do i have to be a live member to back test?

Thanks

Welcome to our forums - updating to most recent R14 would be good, but shouldn't be connected to what you're seeing here with the backtest. Which instruments / timeframes are you working on? Same if you for example enable our SampleMACrossOver script directly from the chart? Please take extra care here to have the 'Enabled' property set to 'true' to have the script 'armed'.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Im just running it on the strategy Analyzer. I've gone through the settings to assure properly set variables and i am still getting no results.

Comment

WaveKidder, which instruments / timeframes are you working on? Same if you for example enable our SampleMACrossOver script directly from the chart?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what do you mean by "directly from the chart"?

Comment

Wade,

What instruments and timeframes are you working with?

If you add the SampleMACrossOver strategy to a chart, do you get the same results as the Strategy Analyzer?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in the lower left hand corner of the control center
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have got it to work in market replay, is there anyway i can download a couple years of data and not go day by day? My strategy only analyzes 1 day while i got it set to 6 months am i missing a set variable somewhere? Does it only back test on the downloaded data i have? I am new to trading, and ninja trader so bear with me

Comment

I had backtesting working and now i cant get it to read out. I am connected to market replay, backtesting SampleMACrossover with no results. I open ninjatrader > Connect>Market Replay >New Strategy Analyzer> SampleMACrossover>Backtest and i get no results. i had it working and was saying there were trades but only on 1 day. i have it set from 1/7/13 - 7/12/13. Im kind of at a standstill in my learning since i cannot figure this thing out. instrument ES 06/13, Connected to market replay. Any and all suggestions are welcome im desperate haha

Comment

Wade,

Market Replay will play the downloaded data that you get from File > Utilities > Download Replay Data and unfortunately it's only one day at a time.

You need access to historical data in order to run a backtest on the Strategy Analyzer. You can connect to that data feed and when you run the backtest the historical data will be downloaded from the providers' servers.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

So would I need a subscription to Kinetic for a data source, or do they provide free historical data?
                    How would one go about getting the Proper tools to run a "proper" Backtest?

Im currently connected to Kinetick End of day and backtesting with no results, testing the SampleMaCrossover

Thanks for the help, everyone
                    Wade Kidder
                    Last edited by WadeKidder; 07-15-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

WadeKidder,

Kinetick EOD will supply you with historical daily data. Try running the back test with a daily interval rather than an intraday.

To receive intraday data you will need to have a subscription to one of our supported data providers, such as Kinetick.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi all... also new and was testing the system out. Found one of the Webinars on YouTube for MACrossOver and can't get data out. Initially tried while connected to TD Ameritrade then I tried using Kinetick and changed the Data Series Type to "Day".

Either way, I get no data returned when back testing.

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

Hi Feiselc,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you load a daily chart with the instruments you are trying to test?

Comment

Working with ES... yes data is present on daily chart, while connected to either Kinetick or Ameritrade.

Comment

In the sample one I developed following the Webinar, they used a time filter. Since I only have EOD with Kinetick and Ameritrade (apparently), this was creating a condition where it never went long. Back-testing the SampleMACrossOver strategy returned data. I went in and removed my time filter and it now also returns data for the back-test.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post samish18