Bar Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Count

I have recently started using a strategy based on bar count, so many up, so many down bars. I think I've noticed that the bar count after a session break, as defined by the session template, starts at zero. In other words if you have two up bars immediately prior to a session break, the bar count would start at zero immediately following the session break. Is this correct?? If so, is there a way around this?
    Thanks for your support.

Originally posted by Whipstopper View Post
    I have recently started using a strategy based on bar count, so many up, so many down bars. I think I've noticed that the bar count after a session break, as defined by the session template, starts at zero. In other words if you have two up bars immediately prior to a session break, the bar count would start at zero immediately following the session break. Is this correct?? If so, is there a way around this?
    Thanks for your support.
    Without seeing how you are counting the bars, it is hard to say, but I have a strategy which also depends on counting bars, and even on RH sessions, the bar count does not reset itself on session boundaries.

You may have to take another look at your code.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I am just using the standard bar count that is embedded when using the wizard to indicate one bar back, two bars back, etc. I do not write code, perhaps I need to get someone to write my strategy for me and then code it to not lose count around session boundaries. It's a good strategy until the session boundaries kill it!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
      10 responses
      1 like
      Last Post beobast
      by beobast

Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes