Is it possible to merge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to merge?

I recently started working on 2 different computers when my main computer lost my data in Ninjatrader. I was able to backup and recover 90% of my trades from my most recent backup file, but not the most recent trading activity. As a result, I have trades since the recovery on both computers, and would like to combine my executions of all my closed trades, so that I have one computer with all my trading activity. Is it possible to merge the executions and all my trading data from both computers into one file or backup and restore from one into the other without overwriting or losing any data?

I know I can add trades on the execution tab, but I have a number of trades and it would be very time consuming.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately if a restore is done this would overwrite the existing database file as opposed to only inputting information that is not currently stored.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris, thanks for your response.

In your reply, you referenced doing a restore that would overwrite the database, however, I wanted to make sure I was clear in my questioning and understanding of your reply. So the backup & restore wouldn't work to merge all the trade executions/data. but is there another way that this can be accomplished? Is there an individual file that the trade executions/data is written to, like how there are individual files for the market replay data and templates, and the like?

Is it a way to export the trade executions as an Excel file or something, and import that file into the computer with NT? Or, is the only option to combine the data, to manually add the trades one by one into the other computer with NT?

If that is the only solution, is this something that can be addressed in future versions?

Thanks & God Bless

Comment

All trade executions are stored within the database file. Currently you can export trade records to excel from within the Account Performance however there is not an option to import information to the database file to input any missing executions.

The only option available at this time for this scenario is to add the executions manually however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #1991 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes