Market Replay Bar by Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Bar by Bar

I am trying to use market replay to do practice trading. I want to use market replay because I can switch between time frames and everything is aligned properly.

But I want to be able to advance bar by bar. Is there any way to do that. I can speed up the speed to 500 X, and then stop after a bar is formed, but after you hit pause it goes back to 1x and you have to increase the speed again which is very annoying and slow. Is there a way to set the default speed.

Hello rwbil,

There is not a way to set the default speed of the Market Replay controller.

Besides the fast forwarding you may also change the time and dates loaded by moving the slider and right click inside the Market Replay Controller then select the "Go To" option.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by rwbil View Post
      I am trying to use market replay to do practice trading. I want to use market replay because I can switch between time frames and everything is aligned properly.

But I want to be able to advance bar by bar. Is there any way to do that. I can speed up the speed to 500 X, and then stop after a bar is formed, but after you hit pause it goes back to 1x and you have to increase the speed again which is very annoying and slow. Is there a way to set the default speed.
      Hi rwbil, I'd find that feature really useful and it seems other users would find it useful as well.

I'm trying to see its current status under the following thread... not sure if NT has done any progress.

For now, you can use Multicharts if you want to practice with that feature. That software will allow you to advance bar by bar in any timeframe and they will allow you to replay any instrument you've got available, which I don't think is possible in NT (for example, if you want to replay the FTSE-100 I think you cannot download that data from NT servers and as such, the replay functionality is not available here).

Comment

This feature request is under id number #1062
        It is currently being taken into consideration by development however I could not say if/when the feature would be added. I have forwarded this request to development for the both of you as additional users requesting this feature.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes