stop and target orders with zenfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop and target orders with zenfire

If I place an atm bracket with 3 targets and 1 stop and then lose my connection are the targets and stops held at the exchange or do I then have a position with no working orders until I get my connection back? Does the same also apply if I have 3 stop prices instead of the one?
    Thanks

All stops and targets makes it to the broker/exchange. The only exception to the rule is a sim stop order.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      All stops and targets makes it to the broker/exchange. The only exception to the rule is a sim stop order.
      Ok, so with that being said. Is it true that since both orders make it to the "broker/exchange", if a Target/Stop Loss is filled first, the other order will still be sitting there until cancelled by NT when your connection is resumed, correct?

For example w/ES emini:

Buy order filled at 1300.00 and a bracket order is then sent to broker for a Target of 1300.50 and a Stop Loss set at 1299.00. If you lose your connection and your Target order is filled at 1300.50, the order for your Stop Loss is still open and waiting at 1299.00. If price action comes down to 1299.00 before you get your connection back or call your broker, you can then be filled with an open short position at 1299.00 with no new bracket order to hit a Target/Stop Loss.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
      insomniac

Comment

Please see here on which brokers support OCO logic natively: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Please see here on which brokers support OCO logic natively: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=5349
          Thanks Dierk, but I have seen the thread you just pointed to and this is exactly the reason I commented and questioned your previous post.

Post#1 Specifically asks this question based on the ZenFire feed and your reply in Post#2 seems to contradict what is posted in the thread you just pointed us to. The thread that you pointed us to was written about 1 month prior, so most people tend to remember and reference the most recent information they are given.

Please trust me, I am not here to cause problems, I am here to get the proper info. I almost had this same problem occur to me a while back and I am interested in the proper answer for what would have occured to me if my connection would not have come back. Just in the nick of time, I got my connection back and was able to flatten my order.

Thank you,
          insomniac

Comment

There is no contradiction at all: orders are sent to the exchange but OCO logic is simulated locally (true for Zen).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade