Some Help With Alerts Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Help With Alerts Please

1. I can't seem to find a consolidated screen that has all my alert settings and where I can tweak and alter individual alerts.

2. My alert screen tells me in the first column which instrument the alert relates to ... which is great. But if I have multiple time frame charts open, all of the same instrument, I can't tell from the alert box which of the charts generated the alert. How can I modify my alert box to give me this info?

3. If I right click an individual alert in the alert box I get some options, but I don't get an option to change the sound, text message or any other properties for that particular type of alert, I seem to have to do it all from the indicator. Is there any way around this?

4. My alert box shows date of alerts but not time. Can I get time as well in there?
    Last edited by Instamess; 07-18-2013, 05:45 AM.

Hello Instamess,

Thank you for your note.
    1. There is no single window for altering all alerts that appear in the alerts window. this must be done from each indicator or Market Analyzer column where the alert has been set.
    2. You will not be able to alter the alerts window but you can alter each alert message in it's respective window (chart or Market Analyzer) to list the window it has alerted from.
    3. You will have to change each setting for each alert in the window that it has alerted from whether a chart indicator or Market Analyzer column.
    4. You would have to create a custom indicator for the alert and add the time to the alert message.

For information on the Alerts window please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/alerts.htm

For information on editing indicators in the chart please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

For information on editing alert conditions in the Market Analyzer please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm

If you have question on creating a custom indicator for your alert please let me know. You can find information on developing indicators at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I 'm also trying to figure out alerts in Market Analyzer but alerts are NOT working. I followed the instructions to the letter in the link you provided using ADX and no alerts at all???

I'm using ADX > 30 and show several symbols > 30 but no alerts??

I double checked and right clicked in the Market Analyzer to make sure alerts is selected, but no luck???

Comment

Hello gapmeister,

Thank you for your post.

Do you have the Alerts window open? (File > New > Alerts)

Can you attach a screenshot of the Alert Condition you have created for the ADX to your response? (Right click in your Market Analyzer > Columns > ADX > Alert Conditions)

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Here is the screen shot you requested
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello gapmeister,

Thank you for your response.

Do you have the Alerts window open? (File > New > Alerts)

Comment

No I did not have it open but here it is, I was not aware that this window had to be open to get alerts?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello gapmeister,

You will need the Alerts window open to see the alerts. when you setup your alert there was no sound selected, so no sound is played. You can however go to the Market Analyzer > right click > select Columns > ADX > Alert Conditions > select a sound > OK > OK. This way you will hear the sounds played for the alerts.

Comment

Ok.....I'm missing something??? I thought there was a way to get the text alert to show in the ADX column on the market analyzer??

Comment

Hello gapmeister,

You need to create a Cell Condition for that: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm

Comment

OK got it, thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                      0 responses