Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Out of whack entries on market order while running live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of whack entries on market order while running live.

My strategy deploys a stop order at the price of the bid or ask to go into the trade upon touch of a defined line. Why does it sometimes have slippage of 5 ticks? Real stops are usually spot on within a tick or 1 for me... What is wrong here?

Originally posted by cvtrader View Post
    My strategy deploys a stop order at the price of the bid or ask to go into the trade upon touch of a defined line. Why does it sometimes have slippage of 5 ticks? Real stops are usually spot on within a tick or 1 for me... What is wrong here?
    Entering with Market Orders is an invitation to the Market Maker to take you for as much as they can. Enter with Limit Orders, exit with Market Orders, except in a slow moving, orderly market, in which case you also exit with Limit Orders. You can never know what price you will get if you issue a Market Order.

ref: http://www.sec.gov/answers/mktord.htm

and exercising a little Goolge-Fu: https://www.google.com/search?q=disa...e+market+order

Comment

e

I guess my real question would be.. How to get ninjatrader to respond to order signals generated by strategies quicker... The signals are there no matter if they need a millisecond or a min... The order is almost always put through late and behind the move (watching order screen)

Comment

cvtrader, have you kept an eye on the task manager / resources while this occurs? What chart / market and connection are you using?

It would be great if you could get in touch with us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review your trace and logs for more insight.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          cvtrader, have you kept an eye on the task manager / resources while this occurs? What chart / market and connection are you using?

It would be great if you could get in touch with us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review your trace and logs for more insight.
          yes and it was way too resource hungry. I can't believe I didn't notice sooner... Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post stafe