Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWS Computer and NT time communication

Hi,

I've just had a problem occur regarding session times on the HSI and data being displayed on the chart as a result. Data provider is IB.
    Pictures worth 1000 words so see the pictures below.
    It all works fine if I change my computer time to Hong Kong local time but I want to keep it as east coast Aus time.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BoofisNT; 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd recommend that you create a session template which corresponds to the times you're looking for. Please see the following link to our Help Guide for more information about creating a Session Template: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle I hadn't thought of reading the Help Guide lol. Already have a couple session templates that I've tried including both time zones, extended hours and regular trading hours. And the only combo to work is Hong Kong time on computer with original hong kong session as NT session template but the combo of East coast aus time with original hong kong session time OR melb time hong kong session manager both worked.

Comment

Hi,

I'd still recommend that you define the times which you wish to use in your local timezone using a custom made session template.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi,

I'd still recommend that you define the times which you wish to use in your local timezone using a custom made session template.
          That will not work. Aus has daylight savings times. If you want to do any type of back testing its going to be totally incorrect for half the year!

Comment

Hello,

This should work as NinjaTrader would adjust for the daylight savings adjustments based on the PC's time settings. Can you elaborate on why you feel this would not work?

Could you please also outline your specific needs as its likely your case differs from the original posters in some way.

Comment

Are you saying if I set the start of a session as 11:15 Australian time which is 9:15 China time when we move to daylight savings NT starts the session at 12:15 Australian daylight savings time.

I really don't think that is correct.

We are talking about setting session times in Australian time which moves around for a china market, or any other time zone.

Comment

Hello,

The session template's timezone setting would come in to play here. In your example which timezone would the template be based on?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

The session template's timezone setting would come in to play here. In your example which timezone would the template be based on?

Australian based computer with Aus time. China based market which you are trying to chart and backtest. You said to set the session times based on Aus times. What happens when the Australian times change?

Comment

Hello Tremblinghandtrader,

Yes, if Australian time zone shifts one hour due to daylight savings time, the session template would need to be adjusted by an hour as well when there is no shift in China's time zone to capture the same hours of data.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Hello Tremblinghandtrader,

Yes, if Australian time zone shifts one hour due to daylight savings time, the session template would need to be adjusted by an hour as well when there is no shift in China's time zone to capture the same hours of data.
                      Well then that is not a solution is it? You cannot back test. You data is time stamped incorrectly.

Maybe it would be helpful if you could actually address BoofisNT problem?

Comment

So I completely uninstalled and removed all NT files from my comp and restarted and then redownloaded and installed. None of my indicators, strategies etc. were in the new installation and I'm still getting a timing error from NT.
                        As you can see the session template being used is the HKFE given by NT and yet the first chart I loaded using it is showing the wrong trading hours.
                        My computer is set to melb time which has never been an issue for over two years.
                        The interactive brokers chart shown below the NT chart has the bars and time series that should be showing on the NT chart but aren't.
                        Ideas???
                        Attached Files

Comment

Any input NT gurus??? I'm missing market time!

Comment

Just to throw a spanner in the works. The chart shows the correct data when I save the 9:15am through 12 session time (which is Hong Kong time) as canberra, melb, sydney time in the session manager!!

Comment

Unfortunately, the only way I see to workaround this would be changing the PC clock to HK time zone and create a custom session template set to HK time zone using the start and end times in HK time.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes